Board index » General Forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 33  Next
 Post subject: Re: RIC OWNERS SURVEY-how many you own?
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:21 am 

Quote:
It is not that hard: The average Ric owner is a middle aged (approx 55 years old & probably caucasian ) man with kids, is married (or was), and has disposable income to spend on expensive guitars.

And he's probably a Beatles fan.

You nailed me except for the Beatles part of it. I just never really got into their music (is this heresy in this forum?) My fave British Invasion band was The Who. You cannot play "Sparks" properly except on a Rick. Period.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:12 am 

If Mr. Hall's two fav Rick basses are 86' then I know what I have to look for next time... I guess they'll become more expensive than 85's and 87's before we realize!

And I agree with what you said Buchrob... Go buy a Strato and see if you can get the CEO to tell you how many guitars he's got!!

Cheers!

Post Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:14 am 

I own 5 to date.
2006 midblu 4003
2006 fg 4001C64
2008 jetglo 4003
2008 fg 4004Cii
2009 midblu 4004 Larado

Post Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:47 pm 

Quote:
I guess I'm probably excluded from this thread . . .
Bottom line here Mr Hall is, you have us all beat, You own Rickenbacker, none of us can top that, but thats a good thing.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:14 pm 

Quote:
Well, to be honest I don't really know how many guitars I have. It's over 200; that much I know. Then I have about 30 basses in addition to that....

if you happen to find a Capri in the depths of your collection, and you make the difficult decision that it must go to a good home, remember Zurdo. :-))

Post Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:04 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
So, Mr Hall, how many of the total are Rics?

All but one are RICs. That "one" is a classical guitar from the 60's made in the mountains of Nagano. Not a bad sounding instrument, with both and under-saddle pickup and a little Sony mike internally.
Quote:
And just out of curiosity , if you don't mind sharing, you've given the go-to bass, which is the fav guitar when the spirit moves you?
That easy. I have a lovely Mapleglo 260 that hangs down in the studio and that's the first guitar I pick up.
Quote:
If Mr. Hall's two fav Rick basses are 86' then I know what I have to look for next time... I guess they'll become more expensive than 85's and 87's before we realize!
Both are really anomalies in a way; they just happen to be the ones where the sun, moon, stars . . . okay, the wood, lined up in an auspicious moment. Generally this happens more often in newer instruments and I think you'll find that some "adjustments" to the latest basses will make them equal to or surpass these two instruments on a consistent basis.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:21 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
So, Mr Hall, how many of the total are Rics?
All but one are RICs. That "one" is a classical guitar from the 60's made in the mountains of Nagano.

Just curious John, have you ever owned a guitar other than a Ric and if so what? Along those same lines, other than Rickenbacker, which guitar company do you appreciate the most based on their product and quality?

Post Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:30 pm 

Quote:
.....Birthdate= 4/14/1950 (double hmmm)

hmmmm, it's 4/15/1950 , I know for sure :-)

Post Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:06 am 

I just turned 30, married, with a little boy who already loves to grab the nearest Rickenbacker. Right now I have:

1997 Fireglo 360/6, I've had this for about 8 years, but I'm looking to exchange that for a Jetglo
1988 Jetglo 620/6, just got this a few weeks ago

I'm also getting rid of my 1968 Fender Coronado XII to get a proper (Rickenbacker) 12-string. That one is just too hard to play well. I'd really like a 360/12v64 or 360/12c63 in Jetglo, but I'm also recently-intrigued by the 660/12. So many choices...

Post Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:22 am 

Quote:
" ... it's 4/15/1950 , I know for sure :-)

Well, I know "for sure" also.

It was merely a typo on my part. Hmmm, hmmm, hmmm!

-April 15 of any year is most memorable for me too as a native citizen of The States. It's deadline date for filing federal income tax!

How are things going for ya over in Germany these days?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 33  Next

Board index » General Forum