Board index » General Forum




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What will be your next Rickenbacker?
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:58 pm
Posts: 20
Location: Netherlands
Hi there. Two weeks ago I found a 1999 4001CS for sale on the internet. Located in Edinburgh UK. Of course I bought it, and today it was delivered. Build 1999 #833, Condition near mint (meaning no cracks, no discolourisation, original HSC, all the paperwork etc.)
So the question "what will be your next Rickenbacker" is answered.
It looks awesome.. Due to the fact it has to acclimatize and is recovering from transport by airplane and truck, I just will sit down and stare at it..
And I'll do that with a big smile on my face :)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What will be your next Rickenbacker?
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:00 pm
Posts: 44
Location: Malibu, CA
The_Heretic wrote:
Hi there. Two weeks ago I found a 1999 4001CS for sale on the internet. Located in Edinburgh UK. Of course I bought it, and today it was delivered. Build 1999 #833, Condition near mint (meaning no cracks, no discolourisation, original HSC, all the paperwork etc.)
So the question "what will be your next Rickenbacker" is answered.
It looks awesome.. Due to the fact it has to acclimatize and is recovering from transport by airplane and truck, I just will sit down and stare at it..
And I'll do that with a big smile on my face :)


Awesome, Heretic! Glad you got your hands on one, as they are fantastic instruments! I love mine...it's also virtually mint condition! :D Once you hold it, play it, & hear it, I'll bet it becomes a favorite, or THE favorite in your collection! :mrgreen:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What will be your next Rickenbacker?
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:58 pm
Posts: 20
Location: Netherlands
4005Player wrote:
The_Heretic wrote:
Hi there. Two weeks ago I found a 1999 4001CS for sale on the internet. Located in Edinburgh UK. Of course I bought it, and today it was delivered. Build 1999 #833, Condition near mint (meaning no cracks, no discolourisation, original HSC, all the paperwork etc.)
So the question "what will be your next Rickenbacker" is answered.
It looks awesome.. Due to the fact it has to acclimatize and is recovering from transport by airplane and truck, I just will sit down and stare at it..
And I'll do that with a big smile on my face :)


Awesome, Heretic! Glad you got your hands on one, as they are fantastic instruments! I love mine...it's also virtually mint condition! :D Once you hold it, play it, & hear it, I'll bet it becomes a favorite, or THE favorite in your collection! :mrgreen:


Hello 4005Player,
Due to the fact I'm the second owner I have to make some minor adjustments on my CS. Change strings to RotoS 45-105 RoundWounds, lower the strings to fit the string-heigth on my other Ricks (Former owner had a relative high string height).
Doing so means: play's much easier, more comfortable and faster. And the PickUps need some adjustment to let the CS really sing. At the moment it sounds a little bit flat, I miss the typical bite & growl :evil: . So it's like alway's, we all play Rickenbacker's but everyone has his own preference.
Hmm, THE favorite.. well could be, but If I imagine taking the CS on stage in an overcrowded pub, roadies running across stage with mike-stands, cable's and things, and thinking of the battlescars on my 4001... Well.. I think I would be close to a nervous breakdown :shock: LOL.. Anyway.. we'll see


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What will be your next Rickenbacker?
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:00 pm
Posts: 44
Location: Malibu, CA
The_Heretic wrote:
Hello 4005Player,
Due to the fact I'm the second owner I have to make some minor adjustments on my CS. Change strings to RotoS 45-105 RoundWounds, lower the strings to fit the string-heigth on my other Ricks (Former owner had a relative high string height).
Doing so means: play's much easier, more comfortable and faster. And the PickUps need some adjustment to let the CS really sing. At the moment it sounds a little bit flat, I miss the typical bite & growl :evil: . So it's like alway's, we all play Rickenbacker's but everyone has his own preference.
Hmm, THE favorite.. well could be, but If I imagine taking the CS on stage in an overcrowded pub, roadies running across stage with mike-stands, cable's and things, and thinking of the battlescars on my 4001... Well.. I think I would be close to a nervous breakdown :shock: LOL.. Anyway.. we'll see


Hi Heretic,

I was fortunate in that when my CS model arrived, I just put the tension back on the strings to proper tuning, and it was PERFECT! The action is super-low, it plays like butter, sounds great, and is near perfect in its appearance....it looks like it was hardly ever used by its previous owner! I am the 2nd owner of it, and it is one of several "favorites". :mrgreen: I would not take it to a gig, though...strictly for home use, as I have a variety of other RICs to choose from for gigging 8-)
Jim


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What will be your next Rickenbacker?
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:58 pm
Posts: 20
Location: Netherlands
4005Player wrote:
The_Heretic wrote:
Hello 4005Player,
Due to the fact I'm the second owner I have to make some minor adjustments on my CS. Change strings to RotoS 45-105 RoundWounds, lower the strings to fit the string-heigth on my other Ricks (Former owner had a relative high string height).
Doing so means: play's much easier, more comfortable and faster. And the PickUps need some adjustment to let the CS really sing. At the moment it sounds a little bit flat, I miss the typical bite & growl :evil: . So it's like alway's, we all play Rickenbacker's but everyone has his own preference.
Hmm, THE favorite.. well could be, but If I imagine taking the CS on stage in an overcrowded pub, roadies running across stage with mike-stands, cable's and things, and thinking of the battlescars on my 4001... Well.. I think I would be close to a nervous breakdown :shock: LOL.. Anyway.. we'll see


Hi Heretic,

I was fortunate in that when my CS model arrived, I just put the tension back on the strings to proper tuning, and it was PERFECT! The action is super-low, it plays like butter, sounds great, and is near perfect in its appearance....it looks like it was hardly ever used by its previous owner! I am the 2nd owner of it, and it is one of several "favorites". :mrgreen: I would not take it to a gig, though...strictly for home use, as I have a variety of other RICs to choose from for gigging 8-)
Jim


#4005player
Hi Jim,
I think we both are lucky, being second-owner's of a CS with only minor issues.
The former owner stated that the CS was for him to valuable to take it on stage and he predicted I would run into the same moral conflict.
For the same reason he sells some of his other basses (one of them is a Wal MKII 5)
Concerning my CS, there is only some discolouration on the side, next to the strap pin's.
Seems the formerly used guitar-strap "bleeded" or "leaked" some colour into the laquer of the CS, but it's minor and out of sight .. & also out of mind.
Changing strings is common business, mostly combined with cleaning etc.
Adjusting string- and pickupheight: maybe only necessary the first time I put a different string-gauge on my basses.
And looking at the fact that once I put Rotos on my basses and I never changed brand nor gauge chance is little I'll have to repeat that.
So.. no big deal.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What will be your next Rickenbacker?
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:44 pm
Posts: 1
I purchased a rickenbacker 325c64 last year, and I tell you it is awesome..this is my second Rickenbacker I have owned. I did have a little repair work done on it , the B-string had a real bad fuzzy sound to it since it was under warranty I had it fixed at a place in chicago that repairs guitars... They did a excellent job fixing the problem. The guitar is awesome...
Im a big Beatles fan so ive been playing Beatles songs ever since I purchased it...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What will be your next Rickenbacker?
 Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:35 am
Posts: 33
A lefty 360 Fireglo. Due end of July at MF but first an ES -335 Gibby in Cherry.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What will be your next Rickenbacker?
 Post Posted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:30 pm
Posts: 101
Location: Italy
got a 360 and a 360v64 both in fireglo. would love a 330 in white or a mcguinn in maple... 8-)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What will be your next Rickenbacker?
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:17 pm
Posts: 53
Location: S.E. FL
A 4003 Ruby is going to be my next Rickenbacker. I have it on hold at a local dealer, while get up the balance of cash for it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What will be your next Rickenbacker?
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:00 pm
Posts: 299
Location: East Coast USA
I'm not sure if I posted here already but it would have changed by now.

Bought a 360 Burgundy, sold a 360 Burgundy

Next will be a 360 Fireglo
Then a 330/12 Mapleglo
Then a hofner bass (sorry Ric!)
Then a 325 in jetglo
Then a 4003

By then I'll be old and will be buried inside a gigantic AC30. Terrified visitors will dash away from the cemetary as they hear the sound of 'Day Tripper' being played somewhere beneathe their feet. mwhahahaha!

I'm just like thinking long term you know. It's always good to have a plan. :D


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Board index » General Forum


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ
X