Board index » General Forum

Post subject: Any chance of a 650D Downunder?
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:10 pm 

At the end of the road here!

No dealer in Australia has one and the importer (CMI) tells me they are back-ordered with other stuff until the end of never ...

Anyone have any ideas how I can purchase one??

Any help appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Any chance of a 650D Downunder?
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:24 pm 

I wrote this earler on the thread about 'good news for overseas owners':

'Hey Drifter, I wish I would have known of your desire for a 650D when I tried one a few months ago at Jacksons Rare Guitars here in Sydney, it was used but in near mint condition.

Frankly (I will probably be crucified for saying this) I was very unimpressed, it looked very nice but sounded very muddy and dark. Strange, as everything I have read here indicates the opposite. Also I like a nitro finish and the oil rubbed finish of the 650D was not player friendly to me.

If it reappears I'll let you know, BTW where are you based, if you are in the Sydney area maybe you'd like to talk about Ricks and their availability over a beer.

Cheers, Kez'

Post Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:49 pm 

Quote:
'Hey Drifter, I wish I would have known of your desire for a 650D when I tried one a few months ago at Jacksons Rare Guitars here in Sydney, it was used but in near mint condition.

Frankly (I will probably be crucified for saying this) I was very unimpressed, it looked very nice but sounded very muddy and dark. Strange, as everything I have read here indicates the opposite. Also I like a nitro finish and the oil rubbed finish of the 650D was not player friendly to me.

If it reappears I'll let you know, BTW where are you based, if you are in the Sydney area maybe you'd like to talk about Ricks and their availability over a beer.

Cheers, Kez'

Hey, thanks for that. I did hear from the importer that they sent JG in Syd a guitar way back some 2 years ago - that could've been it returned maybe.

There's zip in Oz. I've got just about every other guitar except the RIC but I am willing to give it a go if I could get one, but that doesn't seem likely...neither the dealers here or the importer seem that interested!

I'm down in Wollongong by the way.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:00 am 

Quote:

Drifter,

I'll be at Balgownie Pub in Wollongong this afternoon (Saturday 21st) for a friends birthday drinks, we'll be in the Beer Garden from 4 p.m. if you are free drop in for a chat, I'll be the guy in the 'Jimi Hendrix playing a Flying V at Isle of Wight' T - shirt.

Cheers, Kez

Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:39 am 

Quote:
Quote:

Drifter,

I'll be at Balgownie Pub in Wollongong this afternoon (Saturday 21st) for a friends birthday drinks, we'll be in the Beer Garden from 4 p.m. if you are free drop in for a chat, I'll be the guy in the 'Jimi Hendrix playing a Flying V at Isle of Wight' T - shirt.

Cheers, Kez

Balgownie pub, played there a few times in the past and the club across the road (the old Mt Pleasant sports and social now part of Collies I think).

We have a nieces birthday on this afternoon down south at shellcove. I'll see if I can make it for a bit though.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:18 am 

Cool, see you there if you can make it!

Cheers, Kez

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:00 am 

So, did you guys hook up?

Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:41 am 

I didn't get the chance to see Drifter he must have been detained at his niece's party, no worries I got to have a few beers instead...

Drifter,

I'm in Wollongong a few times a year as my girlfriend's family live there, so we may catch up in future, or if you are in Sydney let me know.

Let's try to get together for a jam and guitar chat-fest at some stage this year.

Cheers, Kez

Board index » General Forum