Board index » General Forum

Post subject: 370/12WB good value?
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:34 pm 

I have long been a fan of the doublebound 360, just love that shape, ever since I first saw Mr Petty with one or similar. I have on opportunity to buy a near mint 1995 370/12/WB FG which is priced at £1900 ($2900) which seems high in $$ price but RIC are pricy in the UK... the guitar is stunning, but wondered about thoughts on the price... being completely in love with Mr Halls wonderful creations,means I will probably buy it anyway, given that they are hard to find etc, but would welcome thoughts on this...

;-) tis a thing of beauty!

Post subject: Re: 370/12WB good value?
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:52 pm 

That sounds like more than one would pay for a 360/12v64..(around USD 2k - 2.2k). USD700-900 sounds a lot for shipping and tax....

Post Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:31 pm 

Hi

UK retail price for a 360/12C63 new is about £3800! might get a few £ off that as a deal, say £3250 or so, but RICs are premium price over here... and although there are 1 or 2 available - thats just too much for me right now... and impossible to justify to the wife!

Post Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:38 pm 

In the UK... if I wanted that guitar and it's in decent condition, I would pay that price no problem. UK prices are higher than US across the board, and even a decent used 360 (modern style) sells for about £1200 now, certainly in a shop.

Any of the WB models are rare here and command a premium, but the 370/12 is likely to be rarer than most - I've only ever come across 360/6s in fact... and I think only two of those. It's not quite the same guitar as a 360/12C63 or V64, and unless you're a real diehard George fan there are probably about equal reasons to prefer each one.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:47 am 

Killer UK price for a rare Rick, provided it's in great condition, especially cosmetically, with a good neck.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:33 am 

Just paid that for a 360/V64 thats the price you should be looking at for a WB.One thing i would say for £1900 id be wanting a Minty fresh one.Occasionally they pop up on ebay keep your eyes peeled if this slips your grasp.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:26 pm 

Cheers guys (and gals?) I am seeing this beauty again tonight - the shop owner is a friend of mine and we take a luthier class together... he is bringing it round. I could give you URL, to see what you think...are we allowed to do that to shops that sell vintage and rare and are not main dealers?

Post Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:00 pm 

Seems fine to me for UK, what I will say is the UK is very much a buyers market for high end guitars right now, I've had some great deals in the last 8 months. But, you're going to buy this anyway, best of luck with it!

Post Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:43 pm 

Quote:
Seems fine to me for UK, what I will say is the UK is very much a buyers market for high end guitars right now, I've had some great deals in the last 8 months. But, you're going to buy this anyway, best of luck with it!

Yup but still have to negotiate the deal! I always want to be fair when buying, afterall what goes around comes around, but not seeing too many of these appear anywhere, its difficult to judge whether the advertised price is in the right ballpark.

I have seen it in the flesh, but tonight will be the detailed inspection, first glance it looked near mint, but now for a decent review... I am hoping its all sound because I have been after one of these for some time

Post Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:50 pm 

Quote:

Very true.. picked up a 660/12 Amber FG in as new with tags for £1400 which I think was an exceptional price ;-)

Board index » General Forum