Board index » General Forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Most Valuable Guitar
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:41 am 

I'm well under my fifties and I would have to say any of Lennon's Rics would surely be one of the most valuable guitars. The Beatles never made a sudden impact on me. It took a lot more time. But people like Lennon and McGuinn played Rics. Strats are everywhere, Rics aren't, and lots of people notice when you play one. I've had people in bars my band was playing at point out my Ric basses from across the room. When Lennon played a Ric in front of the whole world, people noticed.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:24 am 

LRG, why thank you, great minds think alike.

Do you fly a 325?

They are so small, how Lennon handled one like he did is a wonder.

I was in a group with a gal on lead, using a 325 with 9's on it. She was an absolute flame thrower with the little darling. We did everything from 50's, to Metal, with Kris on this screaming Fireglo 325.

Great guitar that 325. Anyone know what happened to Lennons?

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:21 am 

Hi Gary,
Sadly, I don't fly a 325-yet! I do little flying spurts on a fireglo 330. You got me drooling... did you say you have a FG 325?! YUM! I do have lil' hands so I suspect I can play the Dream 325V59MG pretty easily. If I could only get my lil' paws on one...

I think Yoko (or Yucko to those of us who can't stand her) has them at the Lennon Museum in Japan. I hope I didn't offend anyone...

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:25 am 

Oops! KRIS was on the flame-throwing Fireglo. Sorry for misread. I'm drooling anyway.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:57 am 

Hello LRG, thanks for the heads up on the Lennon 325. I would love to visit Japan one day, and I would love to visit that little old Rick.

If you have small hands, I think you will love the 325, any year or model. Kris had short fingers yet she could kill on the short scale. All she ever played was a 325 which she could make sound like any guitar made, amazing. She had a Firglo for years. Her mother bought her a Jetglo for her bithday one year. I snuck it up on stage and presented it to her in the middle of a set. Whoa baby did I make out on that deal. Mom buys the guitar, all I do is hand it to Kris, I get a great big KISSSSSSS!!! Sure glad she was a she.

(Note to the boys, wanna pick up a chick, buy her a Rick)

Okay, sorry about that, way past my bed time.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:20 am 

Whaatever happened to Kris? Is she still playing? Might she be a member of this forum? I'm sure she must have some tales to tell! -Dr.Phil

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:06 pm 

Hi Dr. Phil, the band fell apart about 10 years ago and I had not seen her in years until just recently. She found me wandering around on the Alembic, (GASP), site and we just began speaking again.

Sadly she has not played for a few years. She lost her mother, a wonderful woman, and that took the wind from her musical sail. I'm working on getting her back on stage as she is a special talent. One of the brightest people I've ever met.

I will ask her if she has been here. I would think she has as she loves Rickenbacker guitars.

I shall advise my good man. Kind of you to ask.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:43 am 

guitar world magazine did an issue with the top 20 valuable guitars in the world and john lennon's rickenbacker was not even mentioned. They obviously have not done their research good enough. There were not many rickenbackers made of john lennon's model plus to be owned by john lennon makes it, in my opinion, the most valuable guitar ever. Julian Lennon asked Yoko if he could have it after he died and she said no. (Derogatory name calling removed by moderator).

Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:54 am 

Lightmover, I like how you think. Any wonder her effect on the boys.

I think one must take a hard look at Lennon as the primary cause of much of Yoko's difficulties. I would suggest that he did little to spare all her influence.

In some ways I admire her individuality. A very interesting human being.
However, knowing who and what she is about, I feel Lennon should have considered her effect on his friends and family. To allow her to run amuck has hurt many who loved him.

If that story is true, it's a sad tale. Julian and Cyn seemed to have suffered for being related to John instead of being blessed.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:11 am 

Quote:
Julian and Cyn seemed to have suffered for being related to John instead of being blessed.

In Cyn's recent book, the last bit is something along the line of if she had it to do all over again, knowing what she knows, she would not have married John Lennon. That's some serious hurt going on there. She also states that John wanted Julian to have his pick of his guitars and he went for something like the Rick, but Yoko shoved an Ovation in his hand instead.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Board index » General Forum