Board index » General Forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Most Valuable Guitar
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:15 am 

As has been stated in other threads, we will not tolerate defamatory statements about other companies, individuals, etc. Please remember that this is corporate website.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:31 pm 

Quote:

(Note to the boys, wanna pick up a chick, buy her a Rick)

That's the best Valentine Gift idea I have heard yet! Is it too late for a Marketing Campaign - this year? :)

And it works in your favour, in more ways .... I bought a 350SH "Susanna Hoffs" for my wife... guess who plays it most?

You got it!

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:32 am 

no it did not even mention john lennon's ric.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:02 am 

Jimi Hendrix's White Stratocaster from Woodstock is in Seattle.
It's owned by Microsoft's #2 man Paul Allen.

I disagree on Brian May's guitar and David Gilmours 0001 Stratocaster being worth more than any John Lennon Rickenbacker.

David Gilmour's Stratocaster while being numbered 0001 is NOT the first Stratocaster to be made or sold.

Quote:
From an internet article:
Vintage guitar experts feel the Stratocaster was created between March & May 1954 though the guitar is dated June 1954 at the bottom of the neck. Those who have seen the guitar feel it was a custom order from the Fullerton, California shop. The guitar has an unusual look. The finish appears to be a faded Olympic White. The pickguard is anodized gold, which makes it different from typical Stratocasters - the pickguard is darker than the finish on the body. The guitar also has a customized gold plated tremolo and output jack. The tuners are standard chrome. The pickup covers, volume and tone knobs remain white. They haven't yellowed over the years.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:15 am 

I put my vote in for Brian May's Guitar. Lennon's guitars would be worth a lot, too, but to guitar people I think May's guitar would be considered the most rare and valuable. It was hand made with hand made electronics and has been played for many years. The only guitar that I think would fetch nearly as much as BM's is McCartney's Hofner. Of course, I would go after McCartney's Rickenbacker, but I'm biased towards basses. I just have to become rich and famous before the opportunity to obtain his bass presents itself. Here's to wishing (not for the opportunity to buy the bass, but to become rich and famous...or at least rich. You get the idea :) )

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:19 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
I put my vote in for Brian May's Guitar. Lennon's guitars would be worth a lot, too, but to guitar people I think May's guitar would be considered the most rare and valuable. It was hand made with hand made electronics and has been played for many years.....

Same with Lennon's. :)

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:20 am 

John Lennon's Rickenbacker's are so famous that they have their own Museum in Japan.
They are guarded like Fort Knox and no cameras are allowed into the exhibit from what I've been told.

V81 and DB122 are without a doubt priceless...

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:50 pm 

I agree with the majority her. Lennon's 1958 325 is probably would be the most valuable. Iven from the rarety point of view. There were only 200 something made back in 58 and not many left now...

Post Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:26 pm 

Red Special vs 325

In overall musicianship, Lennon was among the most brilliant of all time. He was not as accomplished a guitarist as Brian May, not even close. Further, the Red Special is truly a one-of-a-kind instument. But the simple fact is that Brian May is not John Lennon. If the real Red Special were up for sale, it would likely bring considerably less than Lennon's Miami or Hamburg. That's just the nature of Beatlemania.

For non-collector musicians, what's really cool here is that you can buy brand new production versions of both the 325 and the Red Special, as well as Gretsches, Hofners, etc; all excellent instruments. This is a great time to be a rock musician and gearhead. But for collectors, any Beatle instrument would be an unsurpassable treasure.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:38 am 

Quote:
But for collectors, any Beatle instrument would be an unsurpassable treasure.

I agree and my vote goes for John Lennon's 325 or Paul's Hofner.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Board index » General Forum