Board index » General Forum




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Most Valuable Guitar
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:23 pm
Posts: 251
Location: Tulsa, Okalhoma
To narrow the question down - Lennon's 325's versus Harrison's first 360/12??


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Most Valuable Guitar
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:10 pm
Posts: 756
Location: Georgia
martinH wrote:
To narrow the question down - Lennon's 325's versus Harrison's first 360/12??

To be fair, Lennon used his more, but the twelve string had a more distinctive sound. I'd wager Harrison.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Most Valuable Guitar
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:09 am
Posts: 110
Location: Chicago, IL
Ain'tGotNoPokemon wrote:
martinH wrote:
To narrow the question down - Lennon's 325's versus Harrison's first 360/12??

To be fair, Lennon used his more, but the twelve string had a more distinctive sound. I'd wager Harrison.


No way. Who's more influential? Anything Related to Lennon brings astronomical prices.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Most Valuable Guitar
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:02 am
Posts: 9
There is a Strat that was hand-pained by Lennon, and I think he played in a movie, that George Harrison later played in the Traveling Wilburys, and which then turned up in a video being played (Harrison-style) by Mike Campbell. That one would probably get honorable mention.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Most Valuable Guitar
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:10 pm
Posts: 756
Location: Georgia
kylek350 wrote:
Ain'tGotNoPokemon wrote:
martinH wrote:
To narrow the question down - Lennon's 325's versus Harrison's first 360/12??

To be fair, Lennon used his more, but the twelve string had a more distinctive sound. I'd wager Harrison.


No way. Who's more influential? Anything Related to Lennon brings astronomical prices.

Lennon is more influential, but not as a guitar player.

flavius wrote:
There is a Strat that was hand-pained by Lennon, and I think he played in a movie, that George Harrison later played in the Traveling Wilburys, and which then turned up in a video being played (Harrison-style) by Mike Campbell. That one would probably get honorable mention.


Are you talking about George's strat? John and George both got blue strats; John's is still blue, George painted his in the psychedelic fashion (Even using Patti Boyd's green nail polish), and used it primarily for slide work after the Beatles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK7CLXHSr1M - There's George and John in the studio.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Board index » General Forum


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ
X