[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Rickenbacker International Corporation - Forum • View topic - 360/12c64 vs 360/12 VP

Board index » General Forum

Post subject: 360/12c64 vs 360/12 VP
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:32 pm 

Post subject: Re: 360/12c64 vs 360/12 VP
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:47 pm 

Post Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:11 pm 

Post Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:25 pm 

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:16 am 

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:26 am 

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:34 am 

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:36 am 

Post Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:39 am 

I have just done this comparison. I am an un-gifted amateur. However, I do play a couple of Byrds riffs, as I have an acoustic 12 string. I was very taken with second hand Harrison, and was totally prepared to buy it. I was looking at it for probably 2 - 3 Weeks. However, when I gave it a test run, I did have issues. Even though I have small hands, the neck was very narrow for me. Tuning appeared very unstable - perhaps due to the trapeze being somewhat less secure than the R tailpiece.

I found a 1998 360/12 VP Fireglow virtually untouched on e-bay in the city in which I live. although somewhat less expensive, this was not a consideration, as I had just sold a classic car at a very good price. To me, it was a much nicer guitar - held its tune, beautiful neck and action (how could 21 frets be better than 24??), comfortable edges and $400 cheaper. It now resides at my home. The issue I have is that I do not think that it will retain its value to the same extent. However, it is a stunning guitar, and sounds fantastic to my untrained ear!! As I was testing them on different amps, I cant really comment on the differing sounds. I assume the different spacing of the pickups would have some effect.

Post subject: 360/12c64 vs 360/12 VP
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:53 pm 

Not sure if it was previously mentioned that the C63 is crossed-braced, whereas the standard 360 NS is the carved top, without x-brace ?

Some say that the pointed horns bodies of 330 and Double Bounds have different body resonance and tone, compared with the rounded top NS bodies..... that the inside cube of the semi hollow space is a little bigger on the pointed horn models thereby giving it different acoustic tone.

And did anyone mention that there is a school of thought that Double Bounds just look cooler than the rounded NS bodies ! :) ;)

Board index » General Forum