Board index » General Forum

Post subject: Damage to new RIC Case
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:39 pm 

I ordered a new 4001C64S online from a reputable music store here in the UK. The bass is fantastic, unmarked, brand spanking new just like you would expect, but the silver vintage case has a 3 inch tear in the outer material covering (Tolex?).

Am I being picky in saying this isnt good enough?

I mailed the store, they asked for it back and say they have 'ordered a replacement'. This being a vintage style case, and the C64S now being discontinued, are replacement cases even available?

I don't want to mail the case back and then have nothing to keep the bass in.

Any ideas/suggestions welcome!

Many thanks,

Lucid.

Post subject: Re: Damage to new RIC Case
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:53 pm 

Quote:
the silver vintage case has a 3 inch tear in the outer material covering (Tolex?).

Am I being picky in saying this isnt good enough?

You ordered a "new" case and that's what you should get. Maybe you and the store can agree on a way for you to make this exchange so your bass is not without a case for very long.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:56 pm 

It sounds like your dealer is doing the right thing in ordering a new case. And yes, the case is still available, it's a standard "vintage style" case.

I'm not sure what to tell you about not having a case for a while. It would make sense that the dealer would want the damaged case back, they probably can't get credit for it unless they have it.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:47 am 

You're in the UK so here's the UK answer.First, put evrything in writing and send a photo of the damaged case to the dealer.Keep copies.Tell them you will return the case when they can supply a new replacement.Determine between yourselves a reasonable delivery date for the new case.If the case has not arrived by this date grant a fourteen day extension.If no case is forthcoming then ask for a refund equivalent to the cost of a new case.Put all these points the the dealer.If they do not accept your terms you are entitled to return the guitar and have a complete refund.If you paid by credit card you can contact the card company and demand they refund you.If you really want to keep the guitar but just want the case replaced then explain this but be firm in your insistence on a new case.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:49 am 

Thanks for all the replies, some good advice there.

Here's one of the photos I already sent to the dealer:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t272 ... 072151.jpg

I notice these cases are 299 UK Pounds on one dealer's site, so as you say, I paid for a new one and that's what I should get.

Watch this space!

Lucid.

Board index » General Forum