Board index » General Forum




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Convertible Comb 12 String Rickenbackers
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:30 pm
Posts: 101
Location: Italy
I wonder how it feels on the fretboard to play a 12 string with 6 strings muted though... I guess it's a little bit confusing. ;)

anyway I'd get one immediately if I had the chance...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Convertible Comb 12 String Rickenbackers
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:59 pm
Posts: 34
Still have both arms and legs and my '67 366/12. This one:


Attachments:
366 with comb 3.jpg [50.46 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Convertible Comb 12 String Rickenbackers
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:30 pm
Posts: 101
Location: Italy
RicOfire wrote:
Still have both arms and legs and my '67 366/12. This one:


nice one!

so, is it true you can't bend strings when 6 string mode is engaged? (I've read it somewhere on the web)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Convertible Comb 12 String Rickenbackers
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:30 pm
Posts: 101
Location: Italy
I always wondered if it's possible to bend strings though...and if there's a place I can find one to buy...:)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Convertible Comb 12 String Rickenbackers
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:43 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:00 pm
Posts: 4036
Location: Santa Ana, CA
ThisCharmingMan wrote:
I always wondered if it's possible to bend strings though...and if there's a place I can find one to buy...:)


It's still possible but certainly it's much harder. It's not that the converter causes this- it's just that even in 6 string mode you're always still fretting 12-strings.

Sometime we'll put a converter comb for replacement up on the RIC Outlet eBay website. But you need more parts than that to retrofit one of these assemblies in place. To do it right also requires the placement of a backing block of wood inside the guitar, just beside the sound hole.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Convertible Comb 12 String Rickenbackers
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:30 pm
Posts: 101
Location: Italy
JohnHall wrote:
ThisCharmingMan wrote:
I always wondered if it's possible to bend strings though...and if there's a place I can find one to buy...:)


It's still possible but certainly it's much harder. It's not that the converter causes this- it's just that even in 6 string mode you're always still fretting 12-strings.

Sometime we'll put a converter comb for replacement up on the RIC Outlet eBay website. But you need more parts than that to retrofit one of these assemblies in place. To do it right also requires the placement of a backing block of wood inside the guitar, just beside the sound hole.


thanks for the information.:)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Convertible Comb 12 String Rickenbackers
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:00 pm
Posts: 41
Location: Malibu, CA
I have an August 1968 366/12 in Fireglo....the concept is interesting, and it does work, but the disadvantage is that you really can't go back to using the guitar as a 12-string in the same song, because the comb tends to pull the octave strings out of tune...at least it does with mine. it is a gorgeous instrument, though! :)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Convertible Comb 12 String Rickenbackers
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:19 am
Posts: 22
Location: Highland Park, IL (Chicago)
Very unusual, not really for me. Cool to see the link to the store I go to all the time here - Chicago Music Exchange. They have a whole wall of Rics three levels high.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » General Forum


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ
X