Board index » General Forum

Post subject: 350/12 in Sydney
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:51 am 

Anybody in Sydney bought a 350/12 recently?

Post subject: Re: 350/12 in Sydney
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:22 pm 

Hi I have a 350v63/6, and I live in Queensland. I doubt there would be many or any 350 in Sydney for sale. I purchased direct from the USA, the price are much better the instruments for sale are in much greater volume and can be purchased both new and 2nd hand

Purchasing direct from the USA has always work much better for me, a lot less expense

I note your in Tokyo, if you are going to Sydney for a holiday you could have a look, but still your chances are slim. I do recall a 350v63 for sale on Australian e bay and they wanted $3600! But you can buy them in the USA for $2200 and the dollar is quite low. Outside the good ole USA things go up in price, now is the perfect time to buy from the USA and import as the USD has gone down

I really like my 350v63 plugged into a vintage tube amp (big) that guitar sure puts out some sound and it's so light you can play it all day!

Jbudweiser

Post Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:00 am 

Thanks for the reply. I am in Sydney right now - from Tokyo though - we escaped the earthquakes....

Post Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:57 pm 

997 Hope your having a good stay in Sydney, and glad to know you avoided the disaster in Japan ( scary stuff). I used to live in Sydney , there were not many Ric's for sale then, I doubt anything has changed

It works out much cheaper to import straight from the USA. That I have proven myself

jbud

Post Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:34 pm 

If you are looking for a Rickenbacker in Sydney, Parramatta Road at Annandale is probably the best place to go, Jacksons Rare Guitars and Downtown Music always had a few in stock, mind you I have not been there for 6 years as I no longer live in Sydney, but I used to drive by there from work and stop in at times to check out a few guitars (If I could get parking that is). Another Place where they often had second Hand Rickenbackers is Guitar Crazy at Coogee, I bought My 370/12RM there, and a Vox Amp a year or so later in the mid 90's, they were still there a few years ago when I visited, with some Rickenbackers in stock.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:47 pm 

Global Vintage might be worth a try as well..
http://d1058730.i105.quadrahosting.com.au/shop/index.php?manufacturers_id=18&Global-Vintage=jhuv3gq66d648dje3cf0qjinf2

They are in Annandale as well.....

Eden.

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 3:26 am 

Thanks guys, let's see how we go!

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:19 am 

You can probably do a search and see what those shops in and around Sydney have in their inventory. One thing I have noticed is that guitars that are second hand and purchased at a time when the Aust dollars was much lower than the USD, seem to retain some of that high price tag, now the dollar is much stronger you need to talk them down

In general I'm finding better deals on new or near mint instruments straight from the USA
but that is only applicable if your trading in Aust dollars. For many years the low Aust dollar made importing very expensive. For those living in Australia and wanting a Ric now is very good indeed. Things must be very bad economically in the USA and other countries as well
I'm hoping our dollar stays high as I want to get a 660 in FG next in the buget allows
also they are getting a bit rarer as they only come in MG now I think!

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:18 pm 

Be warned - there may be some used Ricks at dealers in Sydney but the prices will be the amongst the highest in the world. The ask for a 6-string 350 in great nick will be well in excess of AUD 3,000. I'm not aware of any 350/12s for sale right now.

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:16 pm 

I totally agree antipodean, I was looking at buying in Australia! But soon realised the best way with the Australian dollar so high was to import straight from the States
I saved a packet

I did see a 350v63 for sale on Aust e bay $3600, was the price tag, used !
I got a better one from the States it cost $1000 less and it was mint

Also used instrument purhased in the last few years still retain some of that high price tag, they were purchased at a time when the Aust dollar was much lower
It's cheaper in the State now

That is a fair warning re prices, unless you can beat them down, and that will still cost more than an import

jbudweiser

Board index » General Forum