Board index » General Forum

Post subject: Hello, I'm new, etc.
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:07 am 

Hi everyone:

I've been lurking for the past couple of days and finally have two topics that I'd appreciate some help with.

But, first of all, a brief introduction. I'm a 55-year old beginning guitar student. I presently own an Ovation Adamas 6er (no flaming please, it's a well constructed and great sounding instrument). I'm in the market for a 360/12 because I love the sound of a 12er and have one on layaway at a GC.

My first question is: Can someone please explain the differences between a standard 360/12 and a 360/12c63. I know the c63 is a reissue of the 1963 360/12 that George Harrison used, which I think was the second prototype of that model. From what I could see on eBay, the c63 has a trapeze tailpiece, hex nuts on the string posts, and 21 frets instead of 24. What am I missing? Is the sound different between the two?

Second (and probably the stupidest) question: Please tell me which of the two output jacks is the mono jack. The only pic I could find on eBay that clearly showed both jacks did not label them Mono and Stereo. One of the jacks had, I believe, "J7" near it, while the other had a string of numbers. So, is the mono jack closer to the tailpiece, or the opposite?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Post subject: Re: Hello, I'm new, etc.
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:35 pm 

First, welcome. 2nd- other differences are the pick-ups, re-issue Toaster tops in the C63, and yes, they do sound different. But, you could swap pups in your 360/12 and get close. 3rd, the mono jack is farthest from the tail, and should be labeled. Sometimes, the label wears off.

Board index » General Forum