Board index » General Forum

Post subject: 325c58 Insurance
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:25 pm 

I gather that Rickenbacker no longer make this guitar anymore. I am now as a result almost scared to play mine (well not that scared). I am no expert but wondered if anyone could confirm the current (and perhaps expected) value of this guitar.

I would never for a second dream of selling it but I do need to insure it. I can't imagine not being able to play it, or if something happened to it, I can't imagine not being able to replace it.

Any thoughts?

Post subject: Re: 325c58 Insurance
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:51 am 

I guess it might be prudent to know how much it would cost to make one of these from scratch (envisaging the worst case scenario that I couldn't find a replacement if the worst happened).

Any thoughts on this, or what I should value the guitar at for insurance purposes would be very gratefully recieved.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:43 pm 

Prices are wildly varied on eBay lately. The few dealers that have new ones want well over $3k - one wants OVER list price - and used ones have sold for variances of over $1,000, just within the last month. If I was going to insure a close-to-mint used one, I would set the value in a range of $2,800 to $3,500.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:22 am 

Thank you for this.

I have insured it for the highest price that I could find for it in the UK and will review the cover again in a years time. It is being sold by a few vendors for upwards of £3,000.00 (USD$4,737.00). :shock:

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:36 am 

That's an expensive and rare guitar in any one's language, but hope you do play it more often now you have protection! :lol: :lol: Congratulation on owning it!

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:24 am 

I certainly will. Just in need of a good setup. The bottom E has started to rattle recently which hints at either the neck or bridge. I also just bought some Rickenbacker 12's for it. Had no idea that for a shorter scale guitar you needed 12 upwards. I had 10's on mine!

The things you learn on this forum...

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:29 pm 

Hi MrFinn, with some luck the rattle will disappear after you put the 12's on, yes the 10's are not really suitable. It still might require some adjustments, it's good the learn as much as you can re your personal guitars, set up's are not hard with the correct know how and the right tools

Yes Rickenbacker's are more expensive here in Australia, it works out I save about $800 to 1k by importing directly from the USA, I have noticed the prices higher in the UK, and it seems in line with Aus prices. Your rare instrument in the UK could fetch a high sum, all though your insurance seems high, it is probably correct, it's better to over cover than under !

Board index » General Forum