Board index » General Forum




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Two Years of Ric Happiness
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:05 am
Posts: 7
Location: Manassas, VA
Just wanted to shout out to Mr. Hall and everyone at Rickenbacker that I've had my 1992 330/6 FG for exactly two years (bought it used from a friend), and it's the best guitar I've ever owned. I've bought and sold many instruments over the years, but I'm never parting with this, my first Ric. :)

Keep making these fantastic instruments, and we'll keep buying them!
I've got the bug, and feel like there's a 12-string Ric in my future, at the very least.

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Two Years of Ric Happiness
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:52 pm
Posts: 1007
Location: Australia
I really like your tag String Theorist, and you seem to like the Ric's. Yes they are very good and have a special clear tone~ It a very nice photo that axe looks fantastic, and yes I can tell you are holding it with a sense of pride. I'm an Aussie but you choose a fitting backdrop for your clear photo! Your friend sold you a Ric that's looks in very good new condition, you must have really had to persuade him to get him to part with THAT one!

You will get a lot more than 2 years happiness out of that Ric! LOL


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Two Years of Ric Happiness
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:21 pm
Posts: 87
That's a very nice FG...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Two Years of Ric Happiness
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 1073
Location: Reno,Nevada
Very nice,the 330 looks especially good in Fireglo.After 2 years,it could soon be time to add to the collection.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Two Years of Ric Happiness
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:51 am
Posts: 9
Earlier this year I decided to go the 'Ric Route', influenced by The Beatles, The Who and The Jam....They are beautiful, quality instruments remaining true to their original Made in USA ethos. I particularly like the single coil pickups with echoes of the Gretsch Dynasonics on my George Harrison style Jet...
Currently possess Maple Glo' 330/6 and 620/6....put through Laney,Fender and Epiphone Valve amps with Boss ME 70 multi fx.....


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Two Years of Ric Happiness
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:10 pm
Posts: 756
Location: Georgia
I can't help but drool. :D

I really miss my 360... I've tried everything to find the new owner and make an offer...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Two Years of Ric Happiness
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:08 pm
Posts: 221
Location: Jackson, Mississippi
Beautiful guitar. Only 48 stars on the flag mural behind ya, though.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Two Years of Ric Happiness
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:42 pm
Posts: 20
Location: The Sticks, Indiana
Ain'tGotNoPokemon wrote:
I can't help but drool. :D

I really miss my 360... I've tried everything to find the new owner and make an offer...


Ouch! My heart goes out to you brother. You kinda sound like Woody Harrelson when he decided to not sell his wife for a night in the movie "Indecent proposal". No, but seriously, if you ever purchase a new RIC, do NOT ever get rid of it. I'll be buried with mine.

Good luck, man.

_________________
"Many people die with their music still in them".

-Oliver Wendell Holmes-


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Two Years of Ric Happiness
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:10 pm
Posts: 756
Location: Georgia
NickTrousers wrote:
Ain'tGotNoPokemon wrote:
I can't help but drool. :D

I really miss my 360... I've tried everything to find the new owner and make an offer...


Ouch! My heart goes out to you brother. You kinda sound like Woody Harrelson when he decided to not sell his wife for a night in the movie "Indecent proposal". No, but seriously, if you ever purchase a new RIC, do NOT ever get rid of it. I'll be buried with mine.

Good luck, man.

I own a 620/12...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Two Years of Ric Happiness
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:42 pm
Posts: 20
Location: The Sticks, Indiana
Ain'tGotNoPokemon wrote:
NickTrousers wrote:
Ain'tGotNoPokemon wrote:
I can't help but drool. :D

I really miss my 360... I've tried everything to find the new owner and make an offer...


Ouch! My heart goes out to you brother. You kinda sound like Woody Harrelson when he decided to not sell his wife for a night in the movie "Indecent proposal". No, but seriously, if you ever purchase a new RIC, do NOT ever get rid of it. I'll be buried with mine.

Good luck, man.

I own a 620/12...


Oh, Excellent! Then you're set. I thought you were without a RIC and I was just sympathizing with a fellow RIC-Man. Anyway, Congrats on your 620/12.

_________________
"Many people die with their music still in them".

-Oliver Wendell Holmes-


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

Board index » General Forum


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ
X