Board index » General Forum

Post subject: Re: Being young is killing me....
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:53 pm 

Ok guys i got big news for you all!! So yesterday I went iinto the music store as per usual. When I saw it on the Wall.

Yes It was a Mapleglo 330/12 (for 1799 but no matter..) I went to the shelf plucked it off and played the thing. Man what a great moment. The rick lived up to all my expectations.

Now i just half to keep looking for some rick thats 1000k.

Ps I didn't know that octave strings were reversed. But man really distinct sound

Post Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:04 pm 

Congrats!!! The Mapleglo guitars are especially nice. Good going!

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:22 am 

Remstar......Keep saving and choose well. That bit more cash is going to get you something better, you might be pushing it for 1K. A 6 string may be less expensive, but good luck

Yeah it's gotta have real Ric Pickups too!

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:33 pm 

Here's the good news - it's a BUYER'S MARKET! Mint condition 330's are selling for little more than $1K on eBay, and I'm sure that there are lots of dealers who would be willing to "deal", given the current state of the economy. If you can get some help with financing, you can have one quickly. Then you can gig with it, and pay it off! Where there's a will, there's a way.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:38 pm 

remstar wrote:
Ok guys i got big news for you all!! So yesterday I went iinto the music store as per usual. When I saw it on the Wall.

Yes It was a Mapleglo 330/12 (for 1799 but no matter..) I went to the shelf plucked it off and played the thing. Man what a great moment. The rick lived up to all my expectations.

Now i just half to keep looking for some rick thats 1000k.

Ps I didn't know that octave strings were reversed. But man really distinct sound

"Big news" ...I thought you bought this? Well, I hope you can.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:40 am 

Hmmm so being young kills you. I don't think so. But one things is sure - getting old kills everybody sooner or later :D So - enjoy your youth as long as it lasts. Get well educated - and soon you will earn enough money to get your first Rickenbacker. You'll hopefully and probably get a long life with room for many Rickenbackers - and they are fantastic guitars :!:

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:14 pm 

I know what you mean - I first started seriously wanting and drooling over Ricks at about 16 or 17. I finally got my first one after I turned 37.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:43 pm 

stringsncords wrote:
Here's the good news - it's a BUYER'S MARKET! Mint condition 330's are selling for little more than $1K on eBay, and I'm sure that there are lots of dealers who would be willing to "deal", given the current state of the economy. If you can get some help with financing, you can have one quickly. Then you can gig with it, and pay it off! Where there's a will, there's a way.

Yeah good advice, hope Remstar takes it and runs with it! I always find sellers willing to negotiate. It is a buyer market for sure, still worth having a bit more cash to make sure he gets a good one

If Remstar waited this long for his first Ric, it's better he gets a good one and gets blown away with how good it sounds!

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:15 am 

Thanks for all the replys. Its helped me sort out some things so thanks for that. When i do get my rick you will be the first to know.

Thanks again.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:10 am 

remstar - what are the top two model choices that you would like to have? I check stuff all the time, and can let you know if/when I see a deal.

Board index » General Forum