Board index » General Forum

Post subject: Replies to Emails
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:26 am 

Sorry to have a first post be negative, but a few days ago I sent email to info@rickenbacker.com and service@rickenbacker.com asking for the factory string gauges for the 4003S/8 bass (1993 version), which I cannot find anywhere. It has now been several days and I have not received a reply. I hope this is an anomaly. At least someone could have said "We don't have that information handy, but will get back to you as soon as we find out." Can anyone help on this?

Post subject: Re: Replies to Emails
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:50 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Statistically, any given e-mail to anyone has only about an 85% chance of getting through, not even counting spam filters. Anyway, did you get the autoresponder indicating we got the message? If you didn't, it never even got here.

As far as the strings are concerned, they are shown on the price list under the service tab above.

Post subject: Re: Replies to Emails
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:17 pm 

Thank you, John, I appreciate you making yourself available to owners. I actually sent my email from my regular email address, not the web interface. No, I did not get any reply, but that's OK, you showed me a resource I did not notice before. Too bad these strings appear to be no longer available anywhere. The Ric boutique does not list them and I could not find them using a Google search. The only thing I could find was a set that sold in 2012 on ebay for about $75 from a seller in the UK. Is it possible that Ric will offer them again at some time? If not, it would be great knowing their tension ratings so when owners cobble together a set, they don't over-tension the neck. Thanks again.

Board index » General Forum