Board index » General Forum

Post subject: Hello from a wet miserable Cornwall
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:53 am 

But it doesnt matter, I have just this morning picked up a 660-12 in mapleglo, made in November 2010. The guitar is a work of art and it has been with me all day either playing it, or just looking at it in disbelief. Just wanted to say hello, gotta run, got a guitar to gaze at....!!!!! - Cornwall

Post subject: Re: Hello from a wet miserable Cornwall
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:20 pm 

Cornwall wrote:
But it doesn't matter, I have just this morning picked up a 660-12 in mapleglo, made in November 2010. The guitar is a work of art and it has been with me all day either playing it, or just looking at it in disbelief. Just wanted to say hello, gotta run, got a guitar to gaze at....!!!!! - Cornwall

I had the same experience here in Aust, last year the wet season lasted so long, and then ended in a massive flood in Brisbane. I never flood as I'm up high on top of a mountain. But it just never stopped raining last year, so I spent all day playing two new Ric's. They stopped me going Troppo!

Playing a Mapleglo must better than taking a walk with a brolly in your weather!

Congrat's and enjoy that Axe

Post Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:08 am 

Cornwall, we got 3 or was it 4 metres rainfall last year where I live! Talk about soggy!
A brolly serves little purpose in a cyclone or similar weather pattern.
Once it almost rain 1000mm in 24 hrs! That's rain, what most people call rain I call a shower.
It's in subtropical rain forest so it goes hand in hand with the turf!

Post Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:50 am 

Congrats on the 660/12, my dream guitar. Where I am, it's been draught-ridden this year. Seems like it's all or nothing these days.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:28 pm 

Just do not let Doc Martin or for that matter Martin Clunes get ahold of it, after all, that is their neighborhood, no ?? (maybe Ian McNiece, just right sized for him........)

Post Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:25 pm 

jbarnes wrote:
Just do not let Doc Martin or for that matter Martin Clunes get ahold of it, after all, that is their neighborhood, no ?? (maybe Ian McNiece, just right sized for him........)

LOL :lol:

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:22 am 

Hi Mr Cornwall.....lovely area but, as you say, sometimes wet....I love the Fal Estuary and environs...Roseland etc.
What music are you into?......V

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:49 am 

What's going on despite the weather...every 2nd post is about some member, both new and old getting a 660/12, talk about precipitation it's driving me nuts. The weather is fine here!

Post Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:44 am 

Hi Cornwall, congratulations on your purchase.

Yes they are truly amazing. I too have a 660-12 (Fireglow) and would never ever part with it and coincidently live in Cornwall too!!! Where are you based?

Cheers and have fun with it

Post Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:11 am 

Hi ByrdBro,

Sorry not to come back, however unfortunately busy and a family crisis to spice up the month.
Could not get back to you on PM as I am tooooo new. I live near Looe and play with a band called Southern Jelly a lets say more mature outfit that is desperatly looking for a roady that doubles as a paramedic.....???????
I've been using an Acoustasonic Tele through a Marshall AS 80 (piezo) and a Marshall AVT 275 (Twisted Tele). The avt is lovingly known as the "Spanner Box" cos when you pick it up, yopu feel your nuts tighten .... boom boom. The 660 will give a new canvas for the guys to work on, used it for the first time last Saturday in Probus....For those trying to follow this drivel, Probus nestles behind the back end of the back end of beyond a liitle bit Waukarlycarly without the urgency.....!!!!!! Must Dash, so little time, so much to avoid doing.

Cornwall

Board index » General Forum