Board index » General Forum

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: New YouTube Video
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:21 pm 

Quote:
By the way.....would you like to hear the story of what Mr Halls recollections are of what happened at his home the night The Beatles appeared on the Ed Sullivan show, I wonder if he can be persuaded to tell it or just might agree to tell it?

YES, please!

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:34 pm 

I imagine someone uttered an exclamation of "Oh My..." or "Holy..." A very religious experience, indeed!

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:33 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

jbudweiser wrote:
By the way.....would you like to hear the story of what Mr Halls recollections are of what happened at his home the night The Beatles appeared on the Ed Sullivan show, I wonder if he can be persuaded to tell it or just might agree to tell it?

Easy to tell.

I was away at boarding school and we had no TV's. Didn't see it and only heard about it when I went home for vacation.

My parents, of course, we're actually at the show. You can see the back of dad Hall's head in some of the shots. (A couple of you know why I make that distinction!)

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:19 am 

Morning John (or evening here in London).

How many,if any,"famous" guitar players have tried to get a free guitar of you over the years?Don't expect you to name names but would be interesting if you did!

Do you at least give a "named" signature model to the artist concerned as part of the deal?

One last thing,any chance of bringing white back in the 330 series?

Rare as hens teeth in the second hand market.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:39 am 

JohnHall wrote:
jbudweiser wrote:

Easy to tell.

I was away at boarding school and we had no TV's. Didn't see it and only heard about it when I went home for vacation.

I'm sure you freaked when you heard though, huh? 8-) I like that young pic of you and John Lennon's guitar. I bet it was an exciting time.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:26 pm 

What's wrong with an Aussie accent?

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:57 pm 

Sartori wrote:
What's wrong with an Aussie accent?

Nothing, but I can understand a voice coach getting irritated with it. When I studied voice, I never heard my instructor say she enjoys Ozzy Osbourne or Peter Gabriel; both singers with accents in their singing. Same goes for Country singers. I have yet to find a professional singer (You know what I mean) who considers Country real singing.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:59 pm 

Miesque wrote:
Morning John (or evening here in London).

How many,if any,"famous" guitar players have tried to get a free guitar of you over the years?Don't expect you to name names but would be interesting if you did!

I read an interview with Yngwie Malmsteen where he claimed every big name instrument maker offered to make him anything he wanted for free. As soon as he said that, I thought, "I bet Rickenbacker didn't!" :lol:

Sorry for the double post.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:31 pm 

I wouldn't worry about the real pronunciation of RickenBacker. The way we say it in English is just perfect. A half of my family is German.......and German is a harsh .... nasty language.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:36 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Miesque wrote:

Honestly, I don't know any that have asked. But many have contacted us asking if we'd SELL them one . . . usually something special.
Miesque wrote:
Do you at least give a "named" signature model to the artist concerned as part of the deal?

These have all been done on some contractual basis (more often than not, oral) and most have included some of their namesake guitars. And some have purchased "their" guitars as gifts or promotions.
Miesque wrote:
One last thing,any chance of bringing white back in the 330 series?

The last white instrument we did was a real pain, so I doubt it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » General Forum