Remembering Christmas's long long ago and I remember one when I was a little guy of about six and under the tree for me was a red Roy Rogers acoutstic guitar. Later that year We tried to turn it into an electric in a budies dad's garage by taking a power cord and wrapping one lead around the low E and the other lead around the high E and plugging it in, genious! There were sparks and smoke and melted stuff and a blown fuse. Now I know why I became a player and not a luthier. Merry Christmas to all At Ric and the fourm!
Funny story, but glad you survived your first encounter with an electric, best leave the electric guitar making to Ric, and just keep playing, it's way safer!
The things children will get up to when out of parent sight! Children and electricity don't mix too well~ I hope we all have a Merry and safe Christmas.