Board index » General Forum

Post subject: Re: Are guitar wall mounts safe?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:59 pm 

I use Hercules wall mounts in my closet, opposite my clothing, so I can just go in and grab the bass I need and throw it in a box... It's a system that has worked really well for me. Also, since I have four hangers, I can only technically have four basses! I needed to set a limit early.

For some reason I am averse to leaving all my basses in their cases, as it's just too much hassle and I kind of think they benefit from a little cycling in the way of temperature and moisture content.

Post subject: Re: Are guitar wall mounts safe?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:26 pm 

Cassius987 has the perfect solution. Always available, never under a pile of other things in a case and very largely buffered from sudden climactic change by the confined space and the clothes that are an excellent buffer/insulator.

On the hook is fine when you are a permanent resident, but when I have to do long-term storage up north (Canada) or down south (Arizona) without complete climate control for about 6 months, I always put the gear into their cases/bags and sandwich between 2 mattresses with a few quilts on top. Really buffers the problems that follow from rapid climate change.

Board index » General Forum