Board index » General Forum

Post subject: MEGARICK-O-SOUND aka PURE TONAL BLISS
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:16 am 

and I don't think it can get any better than this... ;)

http://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hph ... 5804_n.jpg

Post subject: Re: MEGARICK-O-SOUND aka PURE TONAL BLISS
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:13 am 

Hey, your Ric is on the floor, like one of my guitars...

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:39 pm 

Nice rig!All you need now is a Stereo Polychorus pedal for the sound of heaven.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:55 pm 

ricslinger wrote:
Nice rig!All you need now is a Stereo Polychorus pedal for the sound of heaven.

I've always viewed the Polychorus as less of a Chorus and more of an abrasive flange, with the option to go to Chorus and Multitracking. The way Adrian Belew and Kurt Cobain used them is quite rooted in that mindframe.

Lately, I love the lush, but not overt, sound of a Boss Chorus Ensemble.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:25 pm 

TCM. Are you running both those amps at once with the ROS or stereo pedal like stereo delay?
I love the sound of two amps both going with either method, if you have two delays and put them at slightly different rates then it sounds sustained and lush. I use a Lehle P-split to eliminate the loop hum when using two amps. Oh yeah, you have a good amp combo American and English voiced if you get those two buddies running together, that heaps of fun. You have some wattage under your belt as well, that's more fun!

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:46 pm 

The Polychorus' main atribute is its pure analog chorus,far beyond just an "abrasive flange" pedal.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:14 pm 

ricslinger wrote:
The Polychorus' main atribute is its pure analog chorus,far beyond just an "abrasive flange" pedal.

In your opinion, but most of the guitarists I've heard use it for the flange and off-kilter effects. Even Peter Buck used it for more unique tones.

...but that's not what the thread is about, so we should probably drop it. ;)

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:47 am 

nope, it's a rick-o-sound connection: the bridge pu goes into the dual showman reverb and the neck in the ac 50.

it would take a full stereo (stereo input and stereo output) chorus to work with this routing, but honestly I don't feel the need for it, it's already a punch in the stomach (I run the two channels of the vox with a bridge connection too), yet chimey and full of body. I feel like Michael J. Fox on back to the future (the gigantic amp scene) whenever I play with this configuration! ;)

as a last resort the Rick-O-Sound with two vintage tube amps with different yet complementary tonal features is the true definitive Rickenbacker experience.My advice is to use it whenever you've got the chance. unfortunately I would need two workers and a van to take all of that stuff on stage!

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:24 am 

jbudweiser wrote:
TCM. Are you running both those amps at once with the ROS or stereo pedal like stereo delay?
I love the sound of two amps both going with either method, if you have two delays and put them at slightly different rates then it sounds sustained and lush. I use a Lehle P-split to eliminate the loop hum when using two amps. Oh yeah, you have a good amp combo American and English voiced if you get those two buddies running together, that heaps of fun. You have some wattage under your belt as well, that's more fun!

exactly mate! ;)

the delay thing that you suggested sounds very interesting and somehow reminds me of the rig Marr used for how soon is now (if I remember it right he fed 6 fender twins via console, each one with the tremolo engaged but with an obvious slight tempo difference!)

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:56 pm 

TCM That's great you use the 2 amps together. Do you use the ROS and do you also split mono guitars signal into two amps? What are you using to eliminate loop hum? I resisted for a while but I grabbed a 2nd delay so I could use that. I always play clean but with effects. Sure it's sound so good with a delay to each amp. My pedal board has been set up as a stereo pedalboard, it is always set up for use with two amps. I do have all the right gear to run the ROS in stereo, however I get the stereo sound I'm after by using Mono guitars including my 350v63 and just splitting the signal. The Lehle p split is what I use to eliminate loop hum.

I spoke to Brent Magnano a while back re running multiple amps. He said sometimes he runs 4 x 1964 VOX amps at once ( holy cow) he mentioned at the end if you want to hear complete mayhem put 4 tremolos on at different rates. Mind you I have tried 3 amps with minimal effect and it sounds really good When you run two amps together, you will go through the tubes! Yes you can really fill a room with sound when you run two amps, I think that delay on both runs will give you extra ambiance and width. It's better if you can spread the amps or speaker further apart. Your might of got those amps close for the photo, but I like to keep some distance between the speakers. The other thing is if you use two amps you don't need many effects, the effect used carefully are complimented by the fact it running in stereo or out two amps!

Board index » General Forum