Board index » General Forum

Post subject: first post...long time Rick fanatic...
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:12 pm 

Hey all...got my 4th Rick delivered today and my god what a beauty...a 620 in maple glo...hopefully, my collection is done...it's a pricey habit but beats meth right? I have a 4003, a 650D, and a 360...and now this beautiful looking guitar...sad to say, in my younger years when in a band I had a legendary 4005...and sold it on to the fellow who replaced me...still kicking myself for that dumb move...anyhow, new 620 and still, no one makes guitars even close to Rickenbacker...so howdy all...

Post subject: Re: first post...long time Rick fanatic...
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:26 pm 

Welcome to the forum!

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:28 pm 

Howdy, and welcome! You'll like it here.

We have similar tastes in guitars. I, too have a 4003 (JG) and a 650D, plus a 330/12 (MG). Mapleglo is, indeed, beautiful to look at.

Enjoy!

2008 330/12 MG
2011 4003 JG
2005 650D
Fender Squire Bass (black)
Peavey Reactor (red)
Hofner Anno

Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:35 am 

Congrats. Been looking at 620s myself.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:16 am 

Sounds like a nice collection.. sucks about the 4005.. speaking of 4005's.. Rickenbrother.. arn't you working on one?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:22 am 

650D? Lucky bloody you! :D I'd love to get one.

If you are still in touch your with old band mates, you should see if you can get that bass back! ;)

Post Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:27 pm 

Congrats! Now you've got me stoked. Just ordered my first Ric...a 620/6 in Fireglo, and now I'll have to wait patiently for delivery...but worth the wait!

Post Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:05 pm 

jet-glo combo wrote:
Congrats! Now you've got me stoked. Just ordered my first Ric...a 620/6 in Fireglo, and now I'll have to wait patiently for delivery...but worth the wait!

The 620 model is a beautiful, perfect instrument. Even with Rickenbacker fans, I think it's slightly underrated compared to the 300 series.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:40 am 

Thanks and hello everyone...via the 4005...yeah, I asked the fellow...and we actually had an agreement when I moved back from Europe he would return it...but by that point, over a decade later, he told me it was worth 15 grand and in his words "I have kids and my wife would kill me"...which I understand...

I love the 650D as well...not sure why they stopped making it as it is a really unique guitar...a buddy has the Colorado, and I just love the Dakota abit more without the adornment of lacquer and that walnut is really something else...what a guitar the 650D is...

But now that I have had the 620 for a few weeks, I have to say it too is really something and I am so glad I bought it...the mapleglo is gorgeous and the thing thru a Vox tube amp sounds incredible...it's what I love about Ricks as well as each model really has it's own character...

On the lighter/more dark side depending on how you see it, I have to thank all those folks at Rick both in the office and down on the line especially for helping me get thru a recent divorce last year...my ex not only would have never stood for adding a fourth rick to my collection, as any extra money of course had to go to inane house "improvements", I had them packed away in cases, banished, you might say...since then, all have been marched back into the living room to stand proudly next to that beautiful mounted deer head which has made a triumphant return from the garage as well ...and not a hello kitty type of knickknack in site!

Post Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:57 pm 

jet-glo combo wrote:

I'm one happy dude right now! The brown truck dropped it off last night. After doing a refinish on my cousin's vintage Rickenbacker last year, and getting the opportunity to "jangle away" at my hearts content, I just couldn't seem to shake the GAS that lingered on from it. So I sold a couple of my collectibles to offset the cost, and gave Musician's Friend a holler. They were more than happy to hear from me and shipped one out ASAP. So, here ya go folks!

Attachments:
DSCN0007[1].jpg [11.6 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
DSCN0005[1].jpg [7.99 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
DSCN0011[2].jpg [13.51 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

Board index » General Forum