Board index » General Forum

Post subject: Kindletree "Vivid" (4003FL content)
 Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:58 pm 

This is one of the first recordings I've done with the best band I've gotten to work with since moving to Colorado. The bass is my 4003FL, clean on the choruses and bridge and fuzzed out on the verses by way of a Black Russian. I only used the bridge pickup, a 4002 bridge pickup originally with a 1970s reissue Stingray preamp under the hood. Aphex Punch Factory lightly compresses the whole thing. A little bit of cab sound from the studio's 4x10.

I also sang over the bridge (the highest note, it's an Ab or something that made me nearly lose my voice since the engineer wanted as many takes as possible!).

Thanks for listening!

Post subject: Re: Kindletree "Vivid" (4003FL content)
 Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:49 pm 

Great job there cassius987! I really enjoyed the listen, and yes it is a great band you have joined. The whole band gets a very full and powerful sound and it added a lot of intensity to the song, it is a great song. Ah yes I heard your harmony over the bridge, it sounded good accompany to the key change, you got up there! But I can understand it's a bit of a push to have to repeat it just for extra takes. I had a very quick listen to some other songs from this band you have joined, I was impressed as the next song I listened to was soft and subtle, these guy you have joined can play diiferent styles and are versatile as well as talented! Keep up the great work your bass sounded good and your voice it did the job fine even up the ladder a bit!.

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:20 pm 

Thanks for the kind words, jbud! This is the first recording we've finished together, and there are a couple close behind. Eventually we're hoping for a respectable EP to come together. It's been a good experience overall, and Colorado Sound (the studio) is definitely the best one I've worked with to date.

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:49 pm 

My band has gone ahead and released this one to the public as well. So here it is for you to enjoy (or not!). This time it's my 4001FL through the Aphex Punch Factory, neck pickup dominates over bridge pickup (no mid pickup), and most of the sound was captured from my mic'ed fEARful 15/6 with an emphasis on the 3015LF driver.

Board index » General Forum