Board index » General Forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Help needed with a 1964 Rickenbacker!
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:26 am 

Ah thanks John, very interesting...so mine was originally sold in the US and made it's way back to the UK at some point...so presumably this would be a Rose Morris/ Please excuse my lack of knowledge on these guitars as I literally acquired it very recently by total accident!

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:18 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

There is no evidence that this is a Rose Morris instrument, at least I can't find an invoice for it. Still, the fact that it's in the U.K. suggests that it might be.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:24 pm 

Ahhhggh sorry I just can't seem to
Load any pics, anyway at least I now know what I have! Many thanks for all your help!!

Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:52 pm 

Hi

Mine's one of the 8 listed in the earlier post, a January '64 serial number. I've always lived in the UK and bought mine in Manchester way back in September 1975, so I've had it a while! I'm pretty sure that mine is a ROMO.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:45 pm 

Looks like the vibrato is what's called an "Ac'cent" vibrato--standard issue on many 60's Ricks. The circle on the treble side of the vibrato--covered with a large screw--is where the arm fits. To attach it, you merely unscrew the large screw, fit the vibrato arm on the round post, then screw the screw back on to hold it in place. You could probably order a replacement arm in the Rickenbacker boutique. Here's the link. It's called vibrato arm and bushing.

http://boutique.rickenbacker.com/Vibratos_c_17.html

Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:48 am 

JohnHall wrote:
I just happened to have the RoMo invoices on my desk and note that the top few invoices show 25 units of the 345S were shipped on January 2, 1964, 50 units on February 25, another 25 on May 12, 1964, and 25 more on June 11th.

Oops.

Oddly enough, none of these shipments include an instrument with serial number DC330. Perhaps there's an April shipment I don't see or this was shipped domestically.

Apologies for butting in here, but I'm all excited about you having sight of 1964 RoMo invoices! I'm from the UK and own DA87, a Jan '64 1998. It seems to be just about the earliest serial number around for a UK 345. A number of the early arrivals went to well-known UK musicians, 170 guineas being quite an investment in those days. I have always wondered if the original invoice might throw some light on the first owner, or any other aspect of the guitar's history? I'd be so grateful if any info at all could be dug out about DA87, even if it is just the shipment date and desination.

Many thanks, Martin

p.s. f hole is "one o'clock", not sure if this has any significance in terms of production batch

Post subject: Help needed with a list of how many guitars Rickenbacker mad
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:11 pm 

Is there a list somewhere of how many of each model guitar and bass Rickenbacker issued each year along with the serial number? I have a 1968 Jetglo model 340 (marked as 345S under the pickguard) serial number HL1692 and I am trying to see how many of this model were made and what finishes were used.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:33 pm 

shoshin wrote:
JohnHall wrote:
I just happened to have the RoMo invoices on my desk and note that the top few invoices show 25 units of the 345S were shipped on January 2, 1964, 50 units on February 25, another 25 on May 12, 1964, and 25 more on June 11th.

Oops.

Oddly enough, none of these shipments include an instrument with serial number DC330. Perhaps there's an April shipment I don't see or this was shipped domestically.

Apologies for butting in here, but I'm all excited about you having sight of 1964 RoMo invoices! I'm from the UK and own DA87, a Jan '64 1998. It seems to be just about the earliest serial number around for a UK 345. A number of the early arrivals went to well-known UK musicians, 170 guineas being quite an investment in those days. I have always wondered if the original invoice might throw some light on the first owner, or any other aspect of the guitar's history? I'd be so grateful if any info at all could be dug out about DA87, even if it is just the shipment date and desination.

Many thanks, Martin

p.s. f hole is "one o'clock", not sure if this has any significance in terms of production batch

Sorry to bump this but I joined the forum and posted it four months ago and have been checking for a reply most days ever since. If some kind soul at Rickenbacker could help I would be very grateful. Many thanks :)

Post Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:17 am 

shoshin wrote:
shoshin wrote:
JohnHall wrote:

Oops.

Many thanks, Martin

Sorry to bump this but I joined the forum and posted it four months ago and have been checking for a reply most days ever since. If some kind soul at Rickenbacker could help I would be very grateful. Many thanks :)

Just bumping this in the hope that someone might be able to help. Many thanks :)

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:27 am 

^^ Still wondering, so still bumping very occasionally :-)

A couple of years back Richard Cannata mentioned, in an email to me about another matter, that the earliest RoMo 1998 despatch to Rosetti that he had turned up so far was DA88, which is the next serial number after mine. Yet I have the full export spec 345S including distinguishing features on the case, and I bought it back in 1979 from someone in the UK. If any production/despatch/ownership info at all could be dug out for DA87 I would be extremely grateful. Many thanks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » General Forum