Board index » General Forum

Post subject: Rickenbacker Europe?
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:55 pm 

Hi everybody

I'm living in switzerland and I'm looking for a Rickenbacker.. I didnt find any Store with Rickenbacker Knobs/Pickups etc.. only finished Guitars/Bass

My dreammodel is the 660 Rick, but its too expansive for me... Thats why I'm looking for a 620 Model (jetglo).. I would like to buy the "TV-knobs"? looking like a cateye + 2 toaster pickups (if needed)

I dont really know the difference between the Hi-Gain and Toaster pickups... I play mostly Beatles-style music..
Want a very clean (glassy) sound.. Can u tell me the difference (sound) of those pickups? And may be a store with knobs/pickups anywhere in Europe?

thank you

Guggs

Post subject: Re: Rickenbacker Europe?
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:04 pm 

Guggs, you will hardly find a store that carries Rickenbacker spare parts in Europe (except for the UK maybe). But US dealers are allowed to send Rickenbacker spare parts and strings to international customers, now. So I recommend to send an e-mail to a few American dealers and ask, whether they can ship these things to you. You find the US dealers on this website.

If you e-mail me at markushorn@doctorno.de I might be able to give you some further advice where to get the oven-knobs, a 620 a.s.o.

Viele Grüße in die Schweiz!

"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture." (Elvis Costello)

Board index » General Forum