Board index » General Forum

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: 4003 Colour Run
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:06 am 

Ive been playing my new 2005 4003MID for the first time in earnest recently and have noticed that the white binding on the neck is now adopting a blue tint towards the head end of the neck ie where my (sweaty) hand mainly goes. Is this a common thing with newer Ricks (never owned a brand new one before) or is there some sort of afult with the colour sealant? I think (hope) probably not and so if this is the case has anyone else experienced this and if so can they recommend a good, safe cleaner to return the binding to its proper white.

Post subject: Re: 4003 Colour Run
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:38 am 

Quote:
Ive been playing my new 2005 4003MID for the first time in earnest recently and have noticed that the white binding on the neck is now adopting a blue tint towards the head end of the neck ie where my (sweaty) hand mainly goes. Is this a common thing with newer Ricks (never owned a brand new one before) or is there some sort of afult with the colour sealant? I think (hope) probably not and so if this is the case has anyone else experienced this and if so can they recommend a good, safe cleaner to return the binding to its proper white.

Umm.... this is a can of worms that has been opened here before. You can't just clean it off, it won't go away without a refinish. You should contact customer service about this and see what they can do.

BTW, in which month was your bass made?

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:39 am 

look in the bass forums, there is more than one thread on this subject. It is a big can of worms.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:13 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If this is a legally imported instrument, sold through the legitimate U.K. dealer organization, and you are the original owner, please contact customer service at Rosetti.

If this is a gray market import or you are not the original owner, then I suggest you contact the seller for any recourse.

The blue bleed is known to occur in the presence of, among other things, chlorine in any form, such as various cleaners or antibacterial soaps. I'm beginning to believe it's even from the trace amounts contained in the salts of perspiration.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

Board index » General Forum