Board index » General Forum

Post subject: Re: Lefty 360/12 will I ever see it?
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:27 pm 

I appreciate sir. I had a recent email from Brian Duff and he said 360's in lefty are available in all colors but just not sure when they will be due out. MF is expecting some this month but anticipates with backlog, it might not be till October.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:23 am 

Yes and no 360's till next year. What a suprise! Do not count on it with their track record.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:11 pm 

I'm sorry you leftys have to wait so long! If it makes it any better I think most of us rightys have wait a long time as well.. saving up the cash. I wanted a 360 since age twenty and finally saved up and bought one around age 29. Then I sold it to put my kid through an awesome summer camp which I'm proud of doing, no regrets. Currently saving for another.

I'm sure RIC wants to accomodate you guys asap and it just takes time.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:31 pm 

I Agree.I think with all the automated machinery and all they need to do is flip a few switches, they should be able to crank out those lefty 360's. Plus, they recently did a run of 330's in left handed so now it is time for the 360's. Really, they need to move on that for those waiting on those. I saw a youtube video of a tour of the factory and they said it was real easy to make the leftys now, so i say stop talking from the Their backside and get rolling.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:14 am 

Yep. I was blocked on the Official Rickenbacker Facebook page. Guess they do not like to see the truth. If they did not like something all they needed to do was say something. Guess they can not handle that.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:23 am 

I suppose you have the right to be upset about it but c'mon man, what other CEO from a major world famous guitar company will hop online and talk to their customers about this type of stuff. Customer care at Ric is on another level. There's such a high demand for these guitars. I have total faith they would flip the switch for you today but they have to do what makes good sense to keep production up and make people happy. It's better waiting for a left handed made in the USA Rickenbacker than having an outsourced one today.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:02 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

tedduddy wrote:
I Agree.I think with all the automated machinery and all they need to do is flip a few switches, they should be able to crank out those lefty 360's.

With all due respect, you have no idea what you're talking about. While the fixturing has been redone recently to be "universal", i.e. right and left handed, the demand for left-handed is so small that it takes awhile for enough orders to accumulate to make a run worthwhile. As it happens, there's enough to justify lefty 330's right now but the 360's were run recently enough that it will be awhile before there's more coming.

We didn't make left handed instruments for quite a few years and only recently decided to do so again to accommodate leftys. I have to say I'm beginning to regret that decision to offer these again.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:15 am 

That aside, even PRS( god love him) has gone out of his way after a long time to produce SE and American made guitars after many years. From 2010 to 2012. He saw the value and listens to his customer's requests. Gibson and Fender too. Check out leftyfretz.com and Jerry's Guitars for all their offerings. Granted I have more guitars than I need and can purchase whatever I desire bu I can not liquidate enough to buy a company. I can not believe that I have enough of an impact to infuence the powers that be. Then again, us lefties like the Jews(which I am both) can be very influential. I will cease and desist at this time even though y'all need to be more in tune. Dollar signs while important reigns second to Good Will. Word of mouth goes a long way. I do not need to tell those with a PhD that

Thank you kindly.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:09 am 

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but I wanted to inquire how these considerations affect the production of lefty 620s. I'd very much like to order one, but would like to have a bit of an idea on the potential waiting time.

Board index » General Forum