Board index » General Forum

Post subject: Re: The One That Got Away And Returned
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:58 am 

grogic wrote:
1985 Rickenbacker 4003 Jetglo YE-0849

I've even entered the SN# on the Rickenbacker Register. My wife and I have an agreement, if I ever come across this bass again, no discussion is necessary for this "luxury" purchase.

But, in the off chance anyone does... please let me know if you come across it. :-)

I hope you do find your bass again... It is possible to find it again given effort and some luck.

I got my August 1977 320 (QH 3474) back after a 17 year absence - so it is possible, and having the SN is key to knowing it was your old one.
http://www.rickresource.com/register/vi ... ine%3Dtrue

I am glad you found the RRF and the fan run register of instruments. The register has nothing to do with RIC itself. They maintain their own database of instruments in their archives - but it is not accessible to the public.

Looking at the entry for YE0849 - which was put in last March - you did not open an RRF account before you registered the instrument. So the entry is not currently assigned to an account. Also I would have put in the comments section something like "Looking for my old bass from my teenage years - if you find it please send me a PM, as I am super keen to have it back again". Lastly - you didn't enter any info about the finish - Jetglo in your case.

http://www.rickresource.com/register/vi ... lebrity%3D

Adding pictures into the registry is useful as well.

Fingers crossed that you are able to reconnect with the bass again.

There are about half a dozen of us on the RRF who follow Ebay listings, Cragslist ads and the like in order to add to the RRF Register. If I had found the bass in today's searches - I would not have known it was yours - or that you were still looking for it. :)

67 FG 625
74 JG 4000
76 JG 430
77 JG 620
77 JG 320
79 JG 4001
80 FG 620/12
81 BG 480
91 JG 610
02 BG 620

Amps -
78 TR7