Board index » General Forum

Post subject: A Quick Hello from a new to me Ric Owner!
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:53 am 

Hello All,

Just joined the forum and also just got home from purchasing a "new to me" Rickenbacker 650C! It's a beauty in Fireglo and has been babied from it's inception I have a feeling based on it's looks. It plays like I could only have dreamed and is just the perfect guitar for me, for now that is until my next Ric, lol.

The forums have been invaluable to me in the search for this guitar, thank goodness they are here, thank you! It let me do plenty of research and soul searching in this endeavor, just wish I could thank all the staff at Ric personally because if not for them, well none of this could have happened and I've wanted this Ric for 50 years now, since I was 7 and first heard The Beatles on the Ed Sullivan Show.

I'll post pics as soon as I am able and I can't wait to get my amp out of layaway next week and start playing on a big boy amp instead of this little 15w job I have now, the guy who led me to this guitar also led me to a vintage Fender Pro Reverb which will be in the house next week as soon as I get through painting the spare bedroom which will be our new music room. So now I have the trifecta, first was the Fender Strat, then came the Gibson Les Paul and now finally my Ric and I have a feeling the others will feel left out when I get the amp and get the really hear the Ric at it's finest. Oh and he got me a Jungleblox also, not sure exactly if it will be needed with the amp or not but I'm going to try it anyway. Has anyone ever used the Pro or Twin Reverb with the Jinglebix?

THanks all and have a wonderful afternoon!

Post subject: Re: A Quick Hello from a new to me Ric Owner!
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:51 pm 

Congrats. It goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway: you are going to love your Ric.

Strat, Les Paul, Ric...might as well complete the picture and get yourself a big old Gretsch.

And post some pics of your Ric.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:23 pm 

Tommy360 wrote:
Congrats. It goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway: you are going to love your Ric.

Strat, Les Paul, Ric...might as well complete the picture and get yourself a big old Gretsch.

And post some pics of your Ric.

Sure that's all good, sounds good and everything! hehe. I'll go a step further.
Maybe he should get a Rickenbacker hollow-body, or if he chooses open up his wallet and get and 381 or 12 string as his next purchase, that's my 3 cents worth.

Congratulations on his latest purchase is in order..... after all it's a Ric!

Post Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:38 pm 

Thanks !

I've not touched any of my other guitars since the other day because of this, I just really get along well with the wider neck and larger fret spacing. I've also found myself wanting another Ric already though, does it hit everyone like this immediately? Looking at used a used 360/6 and what a difference! The feel is one thing but the sound, I'd never have imagined what a difference!

Thanks again,

Board index » General Forum