Board index » General Forum

Post subject: So, I'm a Rickenbacker guy now, it seems.
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:10 pm 

I just traded a very nice Fender Jaguar for a 330 in Mapleglo. I probably would not have done it had I not inherited a second vintage Jag, and I didn't need two.

But I'm liking it a lot. It's all new to me. The acoustic sound of it is always fun, it's a lot of fun to fingerpick on which I didn't know. Altogether, a very inspirational instrument. I've wanted one for some time.

So yeah, I feel I'll get a lot of use and inspiration out of this one. I like it more than I did that Jaguar, and I liked that Jaguar.

Post subject: Re: So, I'm a Rickenbacker guy now, it seems.
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:58 am 

you traded an original Made In California in the 1960's Fender Jaguar? or a recently Made In China Squier Fender Jaguar?

just to clarify, not a lot of difference between them, but a lot of opinions about any differences, mostly an issue of where it was made, since "Made In China" carries a sense of "low-quality-copies". But I have played some Squier Telecasters, Stratocasters, and Bass VI reproductions made in China that left me wondering if I was being fooled and the guitars were actually camouflaged "original" Fender guitars. Go figure.

same with Gretsch, Epiphone, and other famous brands, seems like every guitar company has handed their manufacturing to China. Even Martin makes some "budget" models in China or other Eastern countries.

but when it comes to Rickenbacker, those guitars are in a class by themselves, comparison to any other electric guitar is null & void. Just my opinion.

Board index » General Forum