Board index » General Forum

Post subject: My New 325C64 Miami will be here soon! :)
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:12 am 

Can't wait! Big Lennon and Beatles fan.
It should be here by 3/15/16.
Should I put flat wounds on it?
What gauge strings work best?
Any issues I should be aware of?
Thanks for the info guys!

Len

Post subject: Re: My New 325C64 Miami will be here soon! :)
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:47 am 

You are going to love it. However you will need to do a few things to make it an awesome playing guitar. 12 gauge flatwounds are really good for that jingle jangle sound. You can get the short scale Ric strings in the boutique. Also Thomastik Infeld are awesome, but they do run $26 a set. Pyramids are also amazing. Ric strings do the job quite well, and will only set you back $8.

When you first use the accent tremelo, the arm will seem a bit stiff and when you rotate it, it will feel like metal grinding on metal. Simply take off the arm and in the eye, (round hole in the arm ) take a Q-tip with some WD-40 or 2 in one oil, and swab around. Make sure you do not drip on the finish. Then place it back on the pin and screw down the retention screw until you get a little resistance. start winding it around, and presto, nice fluid motion.

Roller rattle. Your new 325 comes with a roller bridge, and you may hear some rattling when certain pitches resonate. Mine did it on the B string pretty much up to the 6th fret. I took a tooth pick and laced a little vaseline on the rollers, the a little graphite on top, rotated for even coverage, and tada, roller rattle gone.

Tremelo going out of tune. Make sure that your nut is cut right. If it is pinching, the strings cannot move back and forth freely and will catch. Again same thing a toothpick dab of vaseline in the nut slots, then some graphite. I can now dive bomb and do massive pull ups, with no tuning stability issues.

Again these are little tricks that work for me, I have a 325c64 and a 325v59. Both perform flawlessly. Enjoy!

Board index » General Forum