Board index » General Forum

Post subject: White spot on midnite blue.
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:38 pm 

Hello Rickenbrothers! It's been over 2 years since I've had a chance to make a post, traveling has kept me very busy over this time, and unfortunately being away from home has kept me from laying my hands on my guitars for the last 6 months.

I've been playing other guitars but not my favorite Rickenbacker guitars that are kept at home in the vault.

Today was the first time I had the opportunity to open the case on my 2007 350v63, and 2010 381v69 in the last 6-8 months. The 381 midnite blue finish is fine, however the 350v63 has white dots all over the Midnite blue finish that so far refuse to come off, I've tried various methods with no success, my other guitars are fine.

The 350v69 was cleaned very well prior to being left in its case for 6-8 months.

Any information regarding this problem would be highly valued. Both these guitars were in mint condition, the 381 from 2010 looks perfect, but the 350v63 from 2007 with the midnite blue finish seems to be badly affected. I'm guessing at this stage it's moisture from humidity. The white spot will not wipe off with what I've tried so far.

I've never left my guitars this long without checking on them. :( :oops:
jbud

Post subject: Re: White spot on midnite blue.
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:31 am 

How big are the dots? Hopefully they're not dead bugs... viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14171

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:40 am 

Hard to say without seeing. Why don´t you post a Picture or two.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:33 am 

I hope this doesn't mean after seeing the link posted in this post about it maybe being little white bugs, i hope this doesn't mean that Rickenbacker themselves have any termite or bug infestation in their workshop, or stock pile of wood or their inventory of cases or where the cases or finished products are kept.

That would make me nervous as well, but i'm sure like most companies quality control and preventive measures have already been taken to avoid such things, but it sounds very similar to what the other gentlemen posted about the little white bugs.

Post subject: White spot on midnite blue
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:07 pm 

you can suck all the blue frogs you want. I mean, its a personal choice and I wont stand in the way.

Bt

Board index » General Forum