Board index » General Forum

Post subject: I've Waited 30 Years for my Ric, and Now it's finally Coming
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:54 pm 

Hello all, this is my story.
30 years ago i was sitting outside my older brothers bedroom at top of the stairs in our house listening to him play his guitar behind closed doors, and it was one of the greatest sounding guitars i've ever heard.

Then one of my sisters came to get my brother to answer a phone call he had, so he came out of the room and stopped long enough to tell me to stay out of his room, but i noticed he left the door open just enough for me to sneak a peek.

So i gave a slight push on the door and stuck my head in slightly to see this GORGEOUS blue Rickenbacker 360 six string in a stand under his window, it was without a doubt love at first sight, i knew then that i wanted to learn the guitar and buy myself that very guitar some day.

Years later after learning to play the guitar, i looked into buying a Rickenbacker, but by that time they were a couple thousand dollars and had a 2 year waiting list at least.
As years went by the two never really coincided, i either had the money and the guitar was not available, or it was available and i didn't have the money.

Well recently one became available through my local music store's website, now granted it's not the blue finish i've dreamt about all these years, it's the fire-glo, and quite honestly red is my least favorite color on anything, i've always wanted the blue but i just couldn't wait any longer.

So i drove to the music store as fast as i could and had them put through the order for me, and i'm told it could arrive as early as Tuesday July 26.

I'm so excited i can barely contain myself, i cancelled my kids soccer camp for the day and told my wife to drive herself to work, because i will be sitting here at home by the front window eagerly awaiting the delivery i've been waiting over 30 years for.

I can't believe it's finally coming, let me say thank you now to the guy's at Rickenbacker, just in case i am to busy obsessively playing and gawking at my Ric to do so later....THANK YOU for making the guitar of my dreams.

Post subject: Re: I've Waited 30 Years for my Ric, and Now it's finally Co
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:05 pm 

Congrats on your new Ric!! Don't want to put a damper on your NGD, but if you wanted a "Blue" Ric, that color is available (Azurglo/Midnight Blue/ Blueglo) and are out there (E-bay, etc.) if you ever decide to get a second one. Rickenbacker guitars are like potato chips, "You can't have just one"!!! ;)

Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:35 am 

pauleway wrote:
Congrats on your new Ric!! Don't want to put a damper on your NGD, but if you wanted a "Blue" Ric, that color is available (Azurglo/Midnight Blue/ Blueglo) and are out there (E-bay, etc.) if you ever decide to get a second one. Rickenbacker guitars are like potato chips, "You can't have just one"!!! ;)

Hey thanks for the info, but yes i'm aware it's available in other colors, but i should mention i had a store credit from a previous return at my local music store and i had to get which ever Ric 360 was available through them, and therefore it was only the Fire-glo that was available.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:41 am 

Good stuff. I was never fussed on the fireglo, but then one came up on Ebay and I decided to go for it. It is absolutely stunning in real life and is now my favourite color out of my 3 rics---maple, jet and of course fire

Post Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:55 am 

I have four Rics:
2 - Fireglo
1 - Mapleglo
1 - Montezuma Brown
Have to say my Favorite finish is the Fireglo! 8-)

Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:32 pm 

Well it finally arrived yesterday and that red finish is beautiful so i tuned it up, played it clean and dirty, and the interesting part is when i plugged it into my pedal board and used my morley wah pedal as a tone control with the pedal all the way forward and then clicked on my distortion pedal there was a lot of feed back, almost as if the hi-gains were the old toaster single coils.
However when i eased back the morley the feedback sound went away, so i put it through it's paces for about a half an hour, i couldn't play it too long because the kids were home, but i really loved all the sound i got out of it.
I must admit it took me a while to get used to that lacquered finger board because i do a lot of bending, but it was getting easier the longer i played, so i don't foresee a problem.
Otherwise the craftsmanship and finish is flawless and the variety of sounds are amazing, no complaints here what so ever, and when i get a chance i'll post some pics, even though everyone here knows what a Fire-glo 360 looks like.
I'll be jamming a lot longer this weekend and i'm sure i'll have worked out any kinks in sound or comfort by then.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:27 pm 

Nice! Those are great guitars! And Fire-glo is a classic Rickenbacker color that changes subtly over the years.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:06 am 

Thank you for your very kind words. We at the Rickenbacker strive very hard to ensure the same kind of experience for all of our valued customers.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:23 am 

I've had the "Acquisition Syndrome" thing myself for the past few months, and finally pulled the trigger on a new 360 Mapleglo. Now just waiting for UPS to show up on Friday...!

Board index » General Forum