Board index » General Forum

Post subject: Lefty 12 strings
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:08 am 

Does anyone know what models are available to order left handed? I'm not too picky, I just need one. I contacted Dave's and told them I'd prefer a 360/12V or a 660/12. They told neither version is available to be ordered in lefty anymore. Does anyone know of a shop or person wanting to sell a lefty? I've seen the one on eBay, but at nearly $4K, used, I'll pass. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Post Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:17 pm 

Have you checked the directory of dealers listed on the Ric company website and called many of them, inquiring if they have Lefties on hand ?? There are several prominent Ric dealers who carry good inventories and they may have what you are looking for. A couple of dealers that come to mind are TruTone Music in Santa Monica, Haight Ashbury Music in San Francisco, Wildwood Guitars in Colorado, Pick of the Rics in NJ and I'm sure there are many more dealers with some variety of inventory that might include Lefties. At the NAMM show in January, Rickenbacker had several Lefties, both guitars and basses on display at their booth. So the Lefties are out there.

Secondly, you can go to the Ric Resource Forum (RRF) and check out their "Marketplace" http://www.rickresource.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=67 and post what you are looking for in the "Rickenbackers Wanted" thread and search through the "Rickenbackers For Sale" sector of the Marketplace. You can also run a search on the RRF for Left Handed and Lefty or Leftie and see what comes up from other peoples' postings on other RRF threads. You never know, there could be someone who has five or six Lefty Rics and might be willing to part with one of theirs if you contact them through the RRF.

Good luck hunting !

Post subject: Re: Lefty 12 strings
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:10 pm 

The Lefty Frets forum is a good resource for finding used lefty instruments for sale. It's a pretty good community as well. I don't know of any Ricks available on that forum currently, but you may see something there in the future.

There's also a lefty Rick player's group on FB.

-Kevin

Post Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:21 am 

That Lefties Rickenbacker Group previously mentioned, on Facebook, is found at:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/LeftOutRics/

Post subject: Re: Lefty 12 strings
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:21 pm 

just play one upside down, I've been doing it since 1967.

Board index » General Forum