Board index » General Forum

Post subject: 660/6 in mapleglo
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:13 pm 

Just bought a second hand 660/6 in mapleglo. I wanted this guitar when the Tom Petty Limited Edition came out in 1991 but I had to settle for the 12 string as Rickenbacker would not make me a 6 string.
I cannot believe this guitar is secondhand. It's 2011 with a flame and charactered maple body and there is not so much as a scratch dink or any sign of wear. The set up is poor but I am taking it to Charlie Chandler here in the UK tomorrow. He is a top and I mean top guitar tech and would expect him to sort it.
I paid £1450 for this guitar. Ok it is a 2011 model but it is mint. To buy a 660/6 new in the UK now costs £2895 so once the set up has been sorted it's gonna be a steal.
Watch this space.

Post subject: Re: 660/6 in mapleglo
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:40 pm 

Picked the guitar up on Friday and now set up properly and intonation sorted. It plays really well and according to Charlie nothing wrong with it at all. What a steal at the price I paid. Well happy.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:23 am 

Congratulations on your new Ric!! I just bought a 2013 650C in absolute mint condition. I honestly believe that it was never set up properly and played at all - it's just too brand new looking and feeling. In addition the setup was atrocious when I received it. I had to remove the bridge shim and set my string alignment, action and intonation, and it plays like a dream!! I paid $1250 US and feel like I stole it! Just wanted to acknowledge your great deal and share my own from across the pond!

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:03 pm 

Hi Pinball Revival
Nice to know there are good deals everywhere. Thank you for your good wishes. I am also interested in a Colorado in the future but not sure whether the difference in sound of the humbuckers would justify the expense. I know the guitar should play the same as my 660/6 neck wise and I love the look in Jetglo with the chrome fittings etc.
So what's your view ? I would be interested to hear.

Board index » General Forum