Board index » General Forum

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: John Lennon
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:48 am 

Quote:
I thought his "holy grail" was DB122?

Plus, there is John Lennon's first Rickenbacker "holy grail" V81.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:23 am 

Quote:
Hmm.....Well dude I heard it stright from Jack Douglas as well as many other amazing stories. Dont you think it rather rude to label someones word as schtick? I mean, im trying to stay calm , but all of your posts are spent spewing beatle "facts" with seemingly no authority whatsoever and here somone tells you something they have heard from one of Lennon's BEST friends and it's schtick? Ill give you Jacks email and you can ask him yourself..

Quote:
The small hands issue was strange to me as well, but you also eluded to the Ric story being B.S. I hear ya and I know where your coming from .. but I dont see how having an MBA means you cant be a dude... Dudes are generally cool people... too bad your academic credentials keep you from being a dude.. Though its not the fault of your degree.. I know many dudes that happen to be doctors, business men and all around profesional wise guys.. They just dont let their "academic credential" impede their coolness.. .. Lose the ostentatious boasting so we can all enjoy this forum.. In all fun of course dude... I mean sir....

amen.
we get it. daveclr likes the beatles, knows everything about them, corrects people by calling them DEAD WRONG, uses "qotations" AND ALL CAPS AT RANDOM USUALLY FOLLOWED BY AN ASTERISK***, uses words like el wrongo, likes to brag about knowing the turtles and his MBA and how he has an old clipping out of a newspaper and buys and sells guitars on ebay etc etc. perhaps the bragging is because of low self esteem? a desire to put oneself above others?

does he have anything to say about rickenbackers that really useful and not just word of mouth trivial facts about lennon's rickenbacker? who knows. the point is very few if any of us here actually were in the studio when the beatles recorded, carefully examined lennons guitars or shook his large or small hand or were there when he bought his first rick.

lets just learn to live with dave

Post Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:28 am 

Boy!
Holy trivia at it's best, eh?
heh-heh-heh!

Either way, it's all about the same as far as John's Rics go.
In this case I'm refering to his "325 Miami", the newer 6 string Ric that appears (along with it's "co-star" John in
"A Hard Day's Night").

*And now, for the ultimate trivia question:
What were the color of Ringo's socks that day back in 1962 when Brian Epstein asked him to join the Beatles???

And be real careful!
If you ever get the opportunity to physically touch any of
J.L.'s Rics, don't!!!
God (or George Burns subing for God) will send a lightening bolt down and strike you d-ea-d!

Post Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:43 am 

OK, we're done here. Move along.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Board index » General Forum