Board index » General Forum

Post subject: Re: Ric production especially tight?
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:24 am 

And I also salute Mr. Hall!

Considering the artisian craftsmanship and quality that goes into ever single Ric made from the least pricey to the most pricey models, they are exceptional bargains.

Several months ago I was chatting a young employee that works the sales floor in a large guitar emporium here in Southern California.

He mentioned to me that even the expensive editions of other famous makes of guitars carrying lengedary brand names often come with knobs loose in the case, blemishes as well as just plain very sloppy set ups from their respective factory producion facilities.

He also went to say, that he's never seen a Ric come through then in anything less, but flawess condition!

And if you hold and compare a Ric in your own hands and then try out any other of these famous makes, the more your eye will notice the quality differences.

Yes, the long waiting list to get your Ric can be annoying.
But, in my mind high artisian quality and tremendous value for the money makes the wait more then worth it!

Post Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:23 am 

Since this thread is about Rickenbacker production and the quality you get for the price, here are some suggested retail prices for a Rick 360 from the price lists:

1973 $545
1982 $885
1990 $1119
2006 $1659

Whatever the decade, Rickenbacker guitars are worth every dollar.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 am 

It is true that Rickenbacker guitars are worth every dollar. They are still available for those who really want to play music with them. In my opinion it should stay this way. I do not think that dramatically increasing the prices of these instruments would be a good idea.

I know some people who can afford a custom shop Gibson for example. None of them is a professional musician. The professionals I know, music teachers, performing artists, studio musicians mostly use affordable guitars by Ibanez, Epiphone, standard models by Gibson, Fender, PRS or something like that.

I hope that Rickenbacker will go on to build guitars for musicians and not only for people who intend to decorate their homes with these guitars.

"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture." (Elvis Costello)

Post Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:14 am 

And my last comment on this subject:

Just to put Ric in a possble context that may make sense to some.

-I'm a serious fine wine collector/aficionado and have judged wines on a professional basis as well as hosted and put together well over 140 invitee only very small private fine wine comparative tastings.

There is one decades long legendary California Chardonnay I dearly love and it is well sought after. It is not intially released to the retail trade and can only be purchashed thru the winery's mailing list.
To get on this mailing list, there is 4-5 year wait and only then can you purchase this great wine and then only one case per year. And even then, it needs another 2-5 years additional cellaring for the true glories of this magificent wine to come out in the glass. I patiently waited my 4 years to procur said product and it was well worth my wait.

Fine artisian products of any type always have a hand crafted, very special essence about them as do the people who make them. There is something nearly spiritual about this. And Rickenbacker fits right in this theme!
And as the gentleman above illustrated, there is also ancilliary investment benefits to such ownership over and above the just plain pure hedonistic enjoyment such products give!

Long live Rickenbacker!

Post Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:09 am 

Yes, please don't raise the prices too much because I plan on getting another one someday! I keep getting this feeling I might need a 4004...

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:34 am 

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
I was just daydreaming when i wrote this, Mr Hall has already told me he was never moving his plant to south georgia. Just wishful thinking. Buiding plants in the south has worked for honda (SC), Kia (ga), toyota (al), mer. benz (al) just to name a few. peace

Just a quick correction. South Carolina has a BMW plant, not Honda. We build Z4s and their SUVs.

When I lived in Sumter sc about 4 yrs ago, I lot of people i met worked at a honda atv plant up around florence,sc. Of course I never saw the plant, but a lot of people sure talked about it. At that time I worked in Manning sc at the hospital and traveled to the north part of the county which is not to far from florence.

Sorry grendel, I was thinking automobiles. I guess we do have a Honda ATV plant somewhere. :^)

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:47 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
I was just daydreaming when i wrote this, Mr Hall has already told me he was never moving his plant to south georgia. Just wishful thinking. Buiding plants in the south has worked for honda (SC), Kia (ga), toyota (al), mer. benz (al) just to name a few. peace

Just a quick correction. South Carolina has a BMW plant, not Honda. We build Z4s and their SUVs.

When I lived in Sumter sc about 4 yrs ago, I lot of people i met worked at a honda atv plant up around florence,sc. Of course I never saw the plant, but a lot of people sure talked about it. At that time I worked in Manning sc at the hospital and traveled to the north part of the county which is not to far from florence.

Sorry grendel, I was thinking automobiles. I guess we do have a Honda ATV plant somewhere. :^)

No problem, i did not make it clear to someone who was reading my statement. now if you can get me a free z-3 i will dance at your next wedding. LOL

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:39 am 

John, Keep doing what you have been doing. It works. We can wait. This is why I bought mine:
1. Made in the U.S.
2. Historic models were made in that factory. (Consistancy)
3. Ricks are not a dime a dozen, you have to hunt and wait. This makes it more fun. (adds to the mistique)
4. Perception that RIC sticks to their guns, will not compromise or sell out and slap the logo on a piece of plywood.
5.They sound cool.

P.S. When will my new one be ready??

Board index » General Forum