Board index » General Forum

Post subject: DEALERS IN MEXICO
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:44 am 

I am restoring an old 12 string. I have just buyed a new 12 saddle bridge and a pickup from a dealer in USA because one of my daughters was in a international student pro-gram, in North Carolina. Now she came back to México and I need to buy other things from Rickenbacker. Is there any way for me to buy directly from Rickenbacker and they send the parts to México? or is another way?

Incomplete BYRDFAN

Post subject: Re: DEALERS IN MEXICO
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:28 am 

You can order from a Rickenbacker online dealer. They are now allowed to ship out of the U.S.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:09 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Our dealers (as opposed to overseas distributors) are all North American dealers; any of them can ship to the U.S., Canada, and Mexico with no distinction being made.

As far as finding an actual dealership in Mexico itself, you won't, as we've not had a request from there.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:36 am 

Beatlefreak and JohnHall, thanks for your quick answer. Which dealer do you recomend most for buying Rick parts and send them to México.

Another question. I have seen 12 string guitars witht the thicker cord as first cord in the pair. And another 12 strings with the thicker as the second cord. Which one sounds best?

Byrdfan

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:15 am 

Quote:
Another question. I have seen 12 string guitars witht the thicker cord as first cord in the pair. And another 12 strings with the thicker as the second cord. Which one sounds best?

You are the ultimate judge of what sounds best to you, but if you're a fan of the Byrds, BYRDFAN, then you will be a fan of the low E string first, followed by the octave string, then the A string followed by the octave and so on. This is the stringing pattern on Rickenbacker 12-string guitars and I will tell you, like many, it sounds the best.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:02 am 

As RICandVOX says, standard RIC stringing is the low string on top, followed by the octave string. It is part of what makes the Rickenbacker sound.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:58 pm 

Nine years after the question, and still no known Mexican dealer. It's a shame. I remember posting the same question many years ago...

I had to ask a friend who was visiting Seattle to get my beloved 4003 (bought by phone from GuitarVille) and bring it when she came back. Such a friend she is! I still feel in debt with her for that big thing she did for me.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:46 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Caifo wrote:
Nine years after the question, and still no known Mexican dealer. It's a shame. I remember posting the same question many years ago....

It IS a shame that no dealer has stepped forward and attempted to qualify to handle the line. There are several great stores in Mexico too.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:56 pm 

I completely agree. Even here in Guadalajara, we have great stores that could perfectly qualify to be RIC dealers, and get faithful customers like me. I couldn't find any place (even in Mexico City) to get new strings or anything for my bass (I only use RIC strings).

It's great to have the oportunity to chat with you again, Mr. Hall. Thanks for always being so nice!

Post Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:57 am 

*Looks at thread title*

This isn't what I was expecting.

Board index » General Forum