Board index » General Forum

Post subject: Speaking of Threads
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:19 am 

I actually do have a "RIC threads" question. Back in the very early '90s I bought a great blue jean jacket with the Rickenbacker logo on the back. I see that kind of accessory isn't offered any more and my once perfect fitting jacket must have shrunk as it is hard to button at the waist now.

Any plans for an expanded line again that might include such an item? I see the Japan RIC site has a couple of Ts based on old RIC ads.

It is such a fashionable logo, after all.

(There, got through that without having to spel haberdasherie)

MMM

Post subject: Re: Speaking of Threads
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:31 pm 

I think you can still buy some t-shirts. But as for jeans jackets... I don't think you can buy them anywhere. It seems it's been about 15 years since they were in fashion.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:36 am 

I'd probably say jean jackets never quite go out of fashion, but a Rick jacket of any sort is hard to come by nowadays.

However, my question is does RIC intend to expand the current wearable offerings, which right now are just Ts (and not all dealers keep them in stock).

I would think there would be a demand, especially with this slick, new site, for an expanded line. Even if RIC offered ladies tank tops and men's longsleeve Ts, that would be a nice move and probably a good minor marketing effort as well.

I realize the company's first priority is creating musical instruments, but some new wearable items would be welcome.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:25 am 

Long sleeve T-Shirts are a must : )

Ted

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:09 am 

Hey MMM, I have one of those jackets too--my hubby got it for me from an eBay auction last year, and I love it, even though mine is a little big for me; it is my unique "Ric Chic" fashion statement, and I wear it all the time when I go out. I also have a black (but faded to dark gray) sweatshirt with the Rickenbacker TRC logo embroidered in gold in the upper left--ultra-comfy, and essential for lounging around and playing my favorite guitars, LOL! Wardrobe essentials for the most fanatical Rickenfans....

Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:22 am 

Hi Mle,

Yes, I bet that jacket is handy in Northern Minnesota right now. I found a vintage T on e-bay that an LA guitar shop had sold in the 70s that had the lates 60s RIC design on it. It is worn only on special occasions. There's a definitely a fashion statement that can be made with the tasteful RIC logo and designs over the years.

MMM

Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:17 am 

The jacket is PERFECT for northern MN temps right now--layered with a nice cozy hooded sweater!

Post Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:18 am 

A black Dickies work jacket with the Rickenbacker logo on the front left and large white TRC (like the front of the black tee shirt) on the back of the jacket would look cool...just my own humble opinion.
Mmmmm...a jetglo RIC jacket! 8^)

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:14 pm 

I'll bet that jean jacket is cozy right about now.

Problem with apparel is that you have to order so darn much of it and then if it doesn't fit, you have to get a return slip to the purchaser and they have to ship it back, etc, etc, etc.

Not meaning to speak for Ric but knowing the swag side as i do, it would take a whole bunch of people to keep up with this. Ask any NASCAR race team. It is such a huge headache that most of them have gotten out and sold that side to one vendor. Look on the side of the trailers at your local NASCAR race and they are all owned by one entity.

Too much time taken away from making those sweet guitars... I'll take one of those anyday over a sweatshirt...

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:03 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tommy Hilfiger and I came to an agreement- he won't make guitars and I won't make clothing.

Board index » General Forum