Board index » General Forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Your dream Rickenbacker
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:22 am 

My guess is that Rickenbacker isnt going to open a 'custom shop' division for at least another 20 years, so many of us will just have to dream on...

As far as asking for a NEW model - i would love to see the 12-string 'Chris Squire' bass go into production (I saw pics of the prototype years and years ago)

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:40 am 

My dream Rickenbacker? My November 1970 21 fret 4001.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:20 am 

12 string bass ANY BODY ANY PU config ANY Headstock ANY design !! PLEASE JUST BUILD ONE RIC PLEASE
4001 or 4003 would rock of course! or..................
(dream sequence begin)
A 12ver built to resemble the 360, but a bigger version, sort of cartoon-like, you know sort of like watching Malcolm Young from ac/dc playing that huge white falcon.
Get the picture,?, NO?........
REALLY BIG BASS makes all bass players look younger and thinner!!
A 12ver bass is a huge sound to begin with, yet most manufacturers of these guitars seem to want to make them look like a strat or some stupid Ibanez HeavyMetal looking piece of excrement.
Please RIC hear my humble plea

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:39 am 

I agree completely that it would be cool if Ric made a 12 string bass. However, I take slight issue with your "heavymetal looking piece of excrement" statement. After all, metal is what I'll be using my 4001 to play mainly, and it will be a very "heavymetal looking" bass as I plan to paint it all black with chrome hardware. And it's hardly a piece of excrement.

Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be seeing a Ric 12 string bass guitar any time soon. I'm hoping for the re-introduction of the 4004cii/5 some time in the next couple years. Maybe if you got a hold of a 4003S/8 and then somehow modified it?

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:36 am 

sorry dude not knocking the genre, just the gamut of crappy basses marketed toward metal. Indeed a 4001 is a great bass for any genre. although I dont think a paint job makes the axe rock, only the hands of its owner. I'm a huge Lemmy fan,
metal is as metal does, and when its loud and tight and big,its a joyful experience.
rock on dudes, but lets think twice bout painting your RICS

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:57 pm 

Well, I kinda have to paint it seeing as it's bare wood right now, lol! It's a rebuilding project. Since the paint (and all the parts!) were stripped off by the previous owner, I figure I'm free to paint it whatever I like, and that means it's going to be black and gothic looking (black pickguard, too).

Personally, I think it's the best kind of bass to use in my genre, since it cuts through the mix so well. Of course, I'd say it sounds great whatever genre of music you play.

Now I kinda get what you mean, except, that what I see is that most basses on the market seem to be P-bass shaped pretty much. Not that it's a bad shape, but I wish that there was more variety and innovation in design. That's one of the many things I like about RIC basses, they're different from everything else.

But a 12-string would be cool...

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:37 pm 

I guess you will be painting yours! paint on! My friend has a 67 fender coronado that was stripped without mercy, and he got hold of some hi $$$ automotive paint,taped off the binding,(checkered like a ric) and shot quite a few coats on. Nothing new here, but next he wet sanded the new finish down to some sort of satin/eggshell sheen. It looks like a vintage black . very cool.
Once again big sorry's out to my metal bro's, sure didnt mean no harm man.
yeah black pickguard for sure!
I'll try to get some pics of that coronado up.
I own an old Pbass and between it and a 4000anything
there is no comparison
Live Large Rock Hard

Post Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:33 pm 

My dream is a 381 in AutumnGlo, with a super flamey top and with three toasters (391?)

Mono wiring. Ric-O-Sound is dumb. I refuse to hump two amps to a gig, just to hear the neck pup though one amp and the bridge pup through another.

No blend knob. All it does is enable you to add the bridge pup when you have the neck pup selected.

Volume knobs on top. Closer to my hand.

AND...Wider BRIDGE spacing...you heard it. The neck spacing at the the nut is fine on standard Rics. I rarely play cowboy chords anyway. It's the bridge spacing that is super tight. Especially for fingerpicking. Which is a shame because Rics sound amazing when finger picked.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:49 am 

A 360 with breakaway parts (i.e. Pete Townshend Limited Edition #2) so when one is doing one's tribute to the Who, one can simply snap the various parts back together again, thus avoiding the tape and other tricks Pete had to resort to.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:12 am 

My dream Rickenbacker is either a Autumglo 4002 or a 4003 in Azureglo with checkerboard binding.
FISH

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Board index » General Forum