Board index » Setup And Technical




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Who said a 360/6 was not a lead guitar
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:23 am
Posts: 10
Location: Tampa
Well thats a load of crap. I play lead guitar in a classic rock cover band and usually play a Les Paul.
Found a new to me mapleglow 360/6 and had it set up with Ric 10s.
That sucker smoked, from Beatles to Guns and roses.
Still not used to the high E string, that takes a little coaxing.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who said a 360/6 was not a lead guitar
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:00 pm
Posts: 1957
Location: San Bernardino, CA
Gee Odessa,

Don't hold back. LOL
Yes indeed, the stereo-type misconceptions about Rics continue.
They are so very versatile.

And I might add much, much lighter in weight then one of those back breaking L.P.'s
Seeing is believing and hearing is reality.
And corral cookies are just a load of barn biscuits.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who said a 360/6 was not a lead guitar
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:49 pm
Posts: 573
Location: Stanstead, QC
That high E string can be fixed pronto.

Glad to hear we'll get a good night's sleep and not have to interrupt Johnny Marr or Peter Buck with the "expert's version" of bad news.

75% of a guitar's quality is in the contruction, and the other 25% is in the set-up. If the build quality is crap to begin with, then no amount of tweaking will make things great.

Start with a great platform, then that last 25% is like tuning a racing car. Many Formula Racing teams use the same constructors, but obviously not the same drivers or tuners.

Many folks buying a cheapie daily driver won't care about what brand of tires are used, let alone racing, but many Ric players do or else we wouldn't pay the premium and be willing to wait.





Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who said a 360/6 was not a lead guitar
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:20 am
Posts: 4
Location: Little Elm, Texas
How is the high E string easily fixed?


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

Board index » Setup And Technical


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ
X