Board index » Setup And Technical

Post subject: Nut on 360 6 string, Please help
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:34 am 

Hello Fellow Rickenbacker brethren!
I need some answers PLEASE HELP.
My name is Nick and I recently purchased a 1996 360 6 string from a gentleman off of ebay. I paid around 1600 and this baby is gem mint. Per owner the guitar was bought new and never played, which I agree, original case paperwork, allen and case keys included no chips or scratches. I feel as if I got a good deal, however…. here is the issue. It was mailed to me a couple of days ago, I pulled it out of the case fell in love, and then I went to work. The next day as I was playing it I noticed an issue with the high E string, as it sits fairly low in the nut and without pristine finger placement will slide off the guitar while playing that string. Which is frustrating. I went to guitar center and was told that a new nut could be placed on the guitar for around 90 bucks, this includes labor. I was also told that the strings will be slightly closer due to this work, which maybe a concern since the neck is already very narrow. I bought this 360 to play it not keep it in storage or display behind glass or whatever. My questions: If I replace the nut what kind should I use, I heard bone would be a good choice? Also the guitar is all original as is, if I switch out the nut will this depreciate the value for potential resale down the road? I know of certain modifications to original axes causes serious lowering value potential and collect ability. I just want to play this instrument the way god intended it to be played.

Any information would be of great help,
Thank you
NickenRicken

Post subject: Re: Nut on 360 6 string, Please help
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:46 am 

Take a look at the reply in the general forum, then ask the moderator to delete whichever duplicate post you choose.

Everyone here tries to be helpful, but duplicate posts can wear on the nerves after a while.

I have every confidence that your problem is very minor and will be resolved shortly.

I know the feeling of buying something that you've wanted for ages and then finding it coming up short. This forum, if you track it regularly, will improve your confidence and knowledge.

Post subject: Re: Nut on 360 6 string, Please help
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:44 pm 

You don't have to ask the same question more than once. That's just wasting peoples time. There are answers for you here:
http://www.rickenbacker.com/forum_view_ ... 20string???

Board index » Setup And Technical