Board index » Setup And Technical

Post subject: Re: Noise when I touch pickup poles/surround
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:29 pm 

It's Audere preamp.

Comments like those above is why I don't post much. You try to help out and that's what you get. Someone is always pissed off.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:16 pm 

Chill out guys--this is all just about sharing information at the end of the day. Whether someone wants to name a brand or not is their choice as well as the choice of the RIC moderators so we'll let them decide, okay?

Steve, thanks for the link, I have seen it before but it's a good refresher course anyway. Trouble is I am not 100% sure how I would go about grounding the pickup poles, either directly or via the magnet. The magnet already has a grounded eyelet attached on the back so I would think it would conduct this ground state to the poles, but apparently not. Since my strings are grounded this is not a big problem anyway--I have to work pretty hard just to get it to happen (finger under string, not touching it, then touch the pickup pole--harder than it sounds).

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:02 pm 

Thanx Steve4001, I didn't mean to offend you or to keep you from posting. I wasn't pissed off, I was merely speaking from frustration due mostly to my own ignorance of the preamp companies out there. You may have made the assumtion that I was more informed than I am. It seems that the Rickenbacker company is held in such reverance by most of this community that some fear to offend out host, Too much (in my humble opinion). But then a friend of mine once summed it up for me when I was admiring one of his guitars. He said " it's a hammer, Just another tool in the box". Some might feel that this is going too far, but there is an element of truth in there too. All of us love the toys/tools that give us our musical voices and help us to make music. But isn't the music the point??? Thanx for helping me to find ways to make better music. And thanx to Rickenbacker for building such a fine "hammer". But it is not the only tool in my box, perhaps one of the finest, but not the only tool in the box.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:19 pm 

Just checked out the Audere site and you're right, it's a great writeup on the problem. Bass players seem to have on board electronics more often than do guitar players in my experience so maybe that is why I wasn't aware of all the sources of these manufacturers. Steve4001, thanx again for this info, another tool for the box.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:53 am 

OK, so we're all good.

Yes, I should have given more info. I don't want to play games or waste anybodys time. There are some venders RIC doesn't want mentioned here by name but I don't know all of them, which is why I didn't give the full name.

Board index » Setup And Technical