Board index » Setup And Technical




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Capo for the Ric
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:52 pm
Posts: 1007
Location: Australia
CappuccinoKid wrote:
A lot of people are resistant to change, they will assimilate eventually.

:lol:



Allow for a transition period :lol: ! But since your so flexible CappuccinoKid, try a Dunlop finish cloth. Those finish cloths are in a league of their own. They are expensive and come in around the $20 dollar mark :shock: I was very lucky I found someone on the bay last year that had them at $10 each ,,,as it was a price mistake he made,,,I got most of the last ones he had. Still I payed $20 for the first one I bought the year before, and it was worth it. You have to use one to polish your axe to fully appreciate how good it really is. NO swirl marks will appear, it's so soft!

LOL I use the dunlop finish cloth that often it's become like a security blanket, wait till you feel it~Lasts forever ,,,,you just wash it now and then


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Capo for the Ric
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:10 pm
Posts: 756
Location: Georgia
CappuccinoKid wrote:
A lot of people are resistant to change, they will assimilate eventually.

:lol:

...Written on a Macbook :P (No offense to J Hall, who I know is a Mac enthusiast - {Written on a PC})

I'm a little skeptical - Why would I want any pressure change as long as it stays in tune? Why would I change what isn't broken? I like change, and thing innovation comes from change, but why would I pay extra for a special capo? - If it had a built in tuner and could simulate effects like Tremolo and Chorus (Through some bizarre string vibration), then I'd be glad to shell out the extra dough.

Then again, people often make remarks about Rickenbacker in the same vein: You get one sound, so you'd better really like that sound (I don't agree with this statement).


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Capo for the Ric
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:23 pm
Posts: 77
Location: California
Ain'tGotNoPokemon wrote:
CappuccinoKid wrote:
A lot of people are resistant to change, they will assimilate eventually.

:lol:

...Written on a Macbook :P (No offense to J Hall, who I know is a Mac enthusiast - {Written on a PC})


?

Quote:
I'm a little skeptical - Why would I want any pressure change as long as it stays in tune?


Good review of it here that explains it all...

http://www.maurysmusic.com/g7th_capo___todd_s_review


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Capo for the Ric
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:23 pm
Posts: 77
Location: California
jbudweiser wrote:
LOL I use the dunlop finish cloth that often it's become like a security blanket, wait till you feel it~Lasts forever ,,,,you just wash it now and then


Better than a Rickenbacker cloth?

The Ric cloth is the same as my Ernie Ball cloth, but it seems to be a bit thicker, it could just be newer I'm not sure, as both came with gits I brought used. The Ric one is bigger also, almost twice the size. But you probably all know about those.

I will look into the Dunlop cloths. When you spend a couple of grand on a guitar you want a good polishing cloth. :D

...And a good capo ;)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Capo for the Ric
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:10 pm
Posts: 756
Location: Georgia
CappuccinoKid wrote:
Ain'tGotNoPokemon wrote:
CappuccinoKid wrote:
A lot of people are resistant to change, they will assimilate eventually.

:lol:

...Written on a Macbook :P (No offense to J Hall, who I know is a Mac enthusiast - {Written on a PC})


?

Quote:
I'm a little skeptical - Why would I want any pressure change as long as it stays in tune?


Good review of it here that explains it all...

http://www.maurysmusic.com/g7th_capo___todd_s_review

The first part is a joke. If you don't get it, you don't get it. ;)

Ehh - The review doesn't convince me. Especially since RT uses one. :lol: I idolize the man, but he has been kinda... Well, this isn't the place for me to give my opinion about RT's recent comments on gear.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Capo for the Ric
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:52 pm
Posts: 1007
Location: Australia
Here's one it's a life saver! Have you ever heard the way musician in the Liverpool area in England say or pronounce the word CAPO? It's not the same way we Aussies or my American friends say it :lol:

We all say CA''Y''PO!.........not in Liverpool! They say Cap as in men's hat, and a big Oh at the end! :o :shock:

So if you ever go to Liverpool,,,,don't go running around the country side calling out'' do you have a CA'Y'PO'' :lol: :lol: :lol: ,,,,,that would not result in a very good situation if a few of the local lads heard you say it that way :oops: ! In that situation it is not about brands ,,,it's how you say it that maybe more important! :D


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Capo for the Ric
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:07 am
Posts: 3710
And likewise, don't go running around NYC looking for a "Cah-po," or you will be sent to sleep with the fishes.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Capo for the Ric
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:52 pm
Posts: 1007
Location: Australia
iiipopes wrote:
And likewise, don't go running around NYC looking for a "Cah-po," or you will be sent to sleep with the fishes.



HAHA So true! One must be cafeful in what one says or even how it is said.
When in Rome do as the Romans do, even if it means learning Latin

They tend to say it and it sounds like cap as in mens hat and po after, in the Liverpool district.

I wonder how they would say Cappuccino kid in Liverpool :P :lol: :lol:
Cap-po cinno kid! :lol: , he certainly knows a good capo when he see it! :D
That G7 CAPO is superb now matter how you say it. That's no Joke :|


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Capo for the Ric
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:10 pm
Posts: 756
Location: Georgia
jbudweiser wrote:
iiipopes wrote:
And likewise, don't go running around NYC looking for a "Cah-po," or you will be sent to sleep with the fishes.



HAHA So true! One must be cafeful in what one says or even how it is said.
When in Rome do as the Romans do, even if it means learning Latin

They tend to say it and it sounds like cap as in mens hat and po after, in the Liverpool district.

I wonder how they would say Cappuccino kid in Liverpool :P :lol: :lol:
Cap-po cinno kid! :lol: , he certainly knows a good capo when he see it! :D
That G7 CAPO is superb now matter how you say it. That's no Joke :|

I'm sure it is, and I didn't tell a joke about it. :)

If a G7 were giving you some difficulty on a Ric, or any other guitar, it would be easier to use a Kyser, right? :idea: That's my only point. I happen to use the same capo for all my guitars, and have used the same one for years. Once I lose this one, or it loses its spring, I'll just buy another like it. The G7 seems a little too plush for my tastes, is all. :lol: 8-)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Capo for the Ric
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:00 am
Posts: 102
Location: Wales...Uk
It's not just in Liverpool that they say Cap (as in a hat) O........As far as I'm aware, that's what we all say in the U.K....(Wales, England, Scotland)....not sure about Ireland.
I remember hearing Roger Mcguinn say capo in the American and Australian way on his 12 string DVD and thought it sounded strange!
He also used to sing, The bells of Rhymney, pronouncing it Rim-nee, when it's actually pronounced RUM-nee. He nows sings it correctly when someone from Rhymney emailed and told him that he had pronounced it wrong, for all those years!
I only live about 15 miles from Rhymney and was gonna email him and tell him myself ( before the other fella did ) but didn't have the courage... Wish I had now, that would have been something :)


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Setup And Technical


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ
X