Board index » Setup And Technical

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: manufacturing
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:23 am 

PS - I love that RIC winds its own p'ups and does so right here in the U.S.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:37 am 

I've been around here, and the other forum just a little bit longer than you Ricki, so don't quote forum rules to me. This forum's known to be able to handle a bit more than the RRF. RIC's moderators will do do whatever they see fit.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:53 am 

Lol. Ok, man - I guess you've out-forumed me. Didn't know there was a hierarchy.

But relax, Dane - you'll live longer.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:28 am 

We are all guests of Mr. JH and crew, and we all need to remember that and thank him for the opportunity to post.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:27 pm 

aceonbass wrote:
If you're talking about Gibson, then you're talking about a company that deserved what it got when it imported Madagascar ebony illegally. The law violated had nothing to do with whether or not it was sourced in the USA (ebony's not grown here), it had to do with laws broken involving importation of endangered species, and Madagascar ebony is well known to be one of them. The right wing source you probably read about that from undoubtedly failed to mention that laws were broken, and that it had nothing to do with "Big Brother" wanting to hurt Gibson. Not only does RIC source most of their supplies domestically, but it wants no part in using black market sources involved in the decimation of endangered species. This is why they don't build guitars with ebony fingerboards or the original style crushed shell inlays anymore.

+1 (use of "his Highness" really gave away the bias on that comment)

iiipopes wrote:
We are all guests of Mr. JH and crew, and we all need to remember that and thank him for the opportunity to post.

+10

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:10 pm 

iiipopes wrote:

Well, sure.

But it's not all altruistic -- after all, the forum does provide him direct insight into the minds of his loyal customer base. And it's a great marketing tool. I think even he would agree - and there's no shame in that. They are, after all, a for-profit.

But yeah - respect the forum rules, and the community here, no matter how many stripes you think you have on your sleeve.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:07 am 

Rickissippi wrote:
But it's not all altruistic -- after all, the forum does provide him direct insight into the minds of his loyal customer base. And it's a great marketing tool. I think even he would agree - and there's no shame in that. They are, after all, a for-profit.

You're not high enough OT Level to make comments like that!!! :lol:

I think RIC could pull the plug on this forum any time and no one on their end would really notice a difference, but it's a big deal for me because it helped me connect with folks that really educated me not just about Rics but guitars in general and that will always make this forum special to me.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:29 am 

I did not mention the other companie's name- although it may be understood as such! It was the other comment in response to mine. How some companies may obtain source materials is of no consequence to me and I dont care. It was so obvious as to why "some" companies or organizations are targeted based on their political alliances. You go in with guns blazing? Are we kidding? Like I said, there are worse things going on here in the USA than getting rare wood!

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:04 pm 

Brian, you'll find many people are passionate about Rickenbacker guitars on this forum, which shouldn't be a surprise, but they're equally opinionated on these sorts of political topics involving other brands. We've all made posts about controversies, such as Chinese instruments, and sometimes the brand names are thrown, despite the administration prohibiting negative posts about other companies.

My opinion doesn't always fall in line with others, so I probably have the longest ignore list on this board. I tend to read more than post, which is a lot considering the number of posts I have. These threads tend to split my own views, making me question what is morally right, and if American businesses cherish that over what will make them more money.

Gibson and Fender, as well as other mainstream brands, have made their mark, and their names will be here to stay. Whatever goes on in these forums, I'm comforted by the quality of Rickenbacker instruments. I know what I'm paying for and I know it is going to last me for many years. I hope my Fenders and Gibson do too.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:54 am 

BrianC64 wrote:
I did not mention the other companie's name- although it may be understood as such! It was the other comment in response to mine. How some companies may obtain source materials is of no consequence to me and I dont care. It was so obvious as to why "some" companies or organizations are targeted based on their political alliances. You go in with guns blazing? Are we kidding? Like I said, there are worse things going on here in the USA than getting rare wood!

I don't think this is the place to discuss your level of satisfaction with American politics, though. (Maybe I'm mistaken.)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Setup And Technical