Board index » Setup And Technical

Post subject: Re: Dead open E string
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:30 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Changing the strings by and in itself certainly does not void the warranty and looking at your correspondence with customer service here, you must have picked that up elsewhere.

All we're looking for is a string set that is reasonably within the same spec as the factory strings. That means, in your case, for instance, we'd want to see a set with the same gauges. In the case of a neck adjustment problem, we'd want to see a set of similar tension.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:12 pm 

its not a neck issue. It was a dead sonunding string caused by a slot that was too wide to accommodate proper tension to allow the open E string to resonate at its best. Problem has been corrected though. I took it to the best luthier in town and had the Nut replaced and so its perfect for the rotosound strings. Im still happy with my bass

Post Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:51 pm 

I too have this problem sometimes and I am linking the problem to the string not being quite right or has lost its luster.

One of my other RICS has the top string just as crisp and clear as day. But it has a newer string set on it.

I will look into the nut issue and see if that is what is causing it on my 4001's.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:11 am 

On other forums, there has been talk about bad E strings from Rotosound recently.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:10 pm 

iiipopes wrote:
On other forums, there has been talk about bad E strings from Rotosound recently.

Yes and I do believe that is the real problem! Roto sounds are packaged differently and there is thought that this could be the cause?

I do not think that is the cause, but I do think that the quality of their strings is a crap shoot and they do not last very long whether you play them or not. Part of the reason why they have to package them in air tight bags now.

Maybe they know their strings do not have longevity even when not played and that is why they do this now?

The mystery continues.

Board index » Setup And Technical