Board index » Setup And Technical

Post subject: Broken Tailpiece
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:48 am 

Some advice please. I took out my 330 12 String case and opened it but was horrified to find the 'R' Tailpiece had snapped at the bottom on one side. I have no idea how this happened as the guitar has been in its case in a safe environment and not used for 6 months. I contacted Rossetti here in the UK who advised me to send the damaged tailpiece to them and they would return it to the factory and order me a new one. The whole thing could take up to 8 weeks. I understand why this is the process; it preserves the sanctity of the brand and prevents copies etc.

My dilemma is what effect the lack of tension might have on the neck during the period where it is not under tension. So any ideas how to keep the ill effects to a minimum would be greatly appreciated as it is 15 years old but totally mint with a few enhancements like Toaster pickups and a 12 saddle bridge and is my dream guitar. Is a degree of bowing inevitable if I keep it in a case at a constant temperature?

Cheers.

Post subject: Re: Broken Tailpiece
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:13 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It'll be just fine. It may bow as it sits but will come back when you string it again.

You should search this forum for information on what caused the break to begin with. Hopefully you're not another victim of over-tension strings but if so, this would be the time to make a change and set up again properly.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:31 am 

Thank you sir I am reassured and will take your advice

Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:14 pm 

How does one get a new R Tailpiece? Mine broke a week ago on my 360/12 2007 year model. The Boutique doesn't list the 12 string R Tailpiece.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:49 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wattyballs wrote:
How does one get a new R Tailpiece? Mine broke a week ago on my 360/12 2007 year model. The Boutique doesn't list the 12 string R Tailpiece.

The tailpiece, along with nameplates, is a trademark protected item. As such, you need to contact our customer service in order to arrange for the purchase of one of these items. Return of at least 50% of the original part is required.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:02 am 

Thanks Mr. Hall for your response. I e-mailed Pick of the Ricks where I bought the 360/12 and they will e-mail me when it is back in stock. One way or another I will be getting one, soon I hope.

Board index » Setup And Technical