Board index » Setup And Technical

Post subject: Bridge unscrewing while playing (330)
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:21 pm 

I have my 330 with the stock floating bridge. I noticed that when I've been playing lately, my palm starts to inadvertently unscrew one of the four height adjustment screws. It's pretty bad and I don't want it drop on the floor when I'm playing one day only to never find it again.

Do any of you have any suggestions as to how I can keep this guy from moving? I know a technique change might be in order. I'm working on it but I can't help but notice the problem still. I better mention that I have removed the metal bridge cover. I really prefer it off. Not to mention that palm muting is infinitely better without.

Post subject: Re: Bridge unscrewing while playing (330)
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:52 am 

I would put a small drop of purple Loctite (Threadlocker 222) on the threads. Back the screw out a bit (or remove it) apply the drop on/slightly below the threads that seat in the bridge. Replace the screw and let it set up for 24 hours. You will be able to adjust the screw if need be, but you will probably have to repeat this procedure every time you do. You can also swap the screw with one of the others and see if the problem follows the screw, or the tapped bridge screw hole. If it follows the screw, simply replace the screw. Hope that's helpful.

Post subject: Re: Bridge unscrewing while playing (330)
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:11 am 

Each screw should have a coil spring between the screwhead and the bridge body. The spring tension keeps the screw from turning, but you'll still be able to adjust it easily with an Allen wrench.

Board index » Setup And Technical