Board index » Setup And Technical

Post subject: 360/12C63 12 string bridge?
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:14 pm 

Hello interweb experts,

I am wondering if there is any value in converting the 6 saddle bridge in my C63 to a 12 saddle bridge?

I've had the guitar for just over 6 months and I have no issues with it, but I am aware of the tiniest difference in intonation on the lower 2 string pairs.

Obviously I wouldn't ask this questionm if the boutique had them for sale, but alas, not.

So I am after suggestions on where to obtain a 12 saddle bridge.

Thanks in Advance

Post subject: Re: 360/12C63 12 string bridge?
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:10 pm 

Check with Ed Roman Guitars. They sell and can cut and install a 12 saddle bridge on your Ric for a reasonable price. You can contact Bob for all parts and repairs at ergbob@gmail.com.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:01 am 

My brother just had one installed on his 1993Plus Ric, and is very pleased with the results.
He said most places were out of stock, but after checking back, have had them re-stocked, so check back again.
You wouldn't have to go to all this trouble if Rickenbacker would just make the 12 saddle bridge standard for ALL their 12 string models!! :?

Post Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:35 pm 

When using proper gauged strings, including the absolute must: a WOUND G unison third string, most intonation issues resolve themselves. The only thing I have ever had to do was re-cut the low E string saddle so that the unison E string intonates off the rear or tailpiece side of the saddle and the octave E string intonates off the front or pickup side of the saddle. This is because the cores of the respective wound strings are different diameters, have different stretch characteristics, and is why we have adjustable bridge saddles in the first place. The two high E strings are the same, so only need one saddle, and likewise for the B string pair. Using a WOUND unison G string means that the core of the string will be similar if not the same as the octave G string, and so have similar stretch and intonation characteristics; likewise on the D and A string pairs.

Board index » Setup And Technical