Board index » Setup And Technical

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: What I want Rickenbacker to invent
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:54 am 

That would be such a great idea!!! It would be nice to be able to play really jangly stuff one day and then go all heavy on another and make it sound proper all on one guitar without having to take a soldering iron to it. Unfortately that would mean having to either modify your existing pickups or buy new ones, but I'm sure it would be worth it

Post Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:32 pm 

Quote:
That would be such a great idea!!! It would be nice to be able to play really jangly stuff one day and then go all heavy on another and make it sound proper all on one guitar without having to take a soldering iron to it. Unfortately that would mean having to either modify your existing pickups or buy new ones, but I'm sure it would be worth it

Yeah!
...or a 370 with easy to swap toasters on neck and bridge, but a highgain in the middle if you want to!

Post Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:16 pm 

Actually, this isn't really an invention, but it came to mind when on another thread I mentioned that I have a Sunbeam brand two slice chrome toaster with the black bakelite handles.

As RIC, as well as all companies, cross-market things such as t-shirts with logos, coffee mugs, etc., I'd love to see RIC get with a company to cross market an actual toaster just for the fun of it.

Yes, I've had my toaster for over twenty years, and it's the same model that my folks had when I was a boy, and I must confess I keep it for equal parts of family tradition, it makes great toast, and it is a chrome two slice model with black trim, just like the pickups.

Where is the big cheesy grin smiley when you need one!

Post Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:42 am 

What i'd like to see,and this would be a BIG money maker for Rickenbacker,would be the 330,360,and 381 12string
models come with the wider neck of the 660/12.They could call it the Rickenbacker "FAT 12" It could start out as an option,then slowly be phased in to replace the narrower necks on the 3 models mentioned above. People would be flooding Rickenbacker with orders for the NEW RICKENBACKER "FAT 12" What do you folks think? Harleys come with electric starts now,Cars have automatic transmissions,and the "FAT 12 " could be the next evolution of the Rickenbacter 12.... any thoughts on the "FAT 12" ? After 43 years,why not???

Post Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:48 am 

While I think many would prefer the 660's wider neck on these guitars, RIC already has something like 95% of the market on electric 12's so they'd probably see no reason to change.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:09 am 

Seeing as how RIC currently has in excess of 400 production days of backlog, this gives them even less reason to change.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:28 am 

Quote:
a BIG money maker for Rickenbacker

Quote:
People would be flooding Rickenbacker with orders for the NEW RICKENBACKER "FAT 12"

cvbob...Even though your enthusiastic prediction of the success of the "FAT 12" may be hard to resist, at this time it doesn't appear the models will be going into production. You never know what the future holds so there is always a chance, even if it's a "FAT" chance. The 660/12 probably is the best Ric 12-string to fit your needs.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:06 am 

RIC just needs a chance to reduce their backlog, so that there isn't such a long waiting period for new guitars on the models they produce already. Once that's to a more managable level, I'm sure they'll be looking a new product and modfying existing product.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:32 pm 

What about pickguards made of wood, expecially curled or caracterised maple as an extra option? Imagine THIS 620 with a two-level pickguard... http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/O ... woRics.jpg
I think everyone who orders a mapleglo would think about this. And therefore it could maybe be an extra option, you´ll have no increasing of the backlog, because new orders have to wait anyway.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:56 pm 

Quote:
What about pickguards made of wood, expecially curled or caracterised maple as an extra option? Imagine THIS 620 with a two-level pickguard... http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/O ... woRics.jpg
I think everyone who orders a mapleglo would think about this. And therefore it could maybe be an extra option, you´ll have no increasing of the backlog, because new orders have to wait anyway.

Something similiar to this: http://www.musik-schmidt.de/osc-schmidt ... 5FNT_6.jpg

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Setup And Technical